015

"It's simple, I was trying to stop the end of the world. I know your plan."
-
-
-

          As the two numbers and the Handler walked out and amongst a round white building, the sound of chatter and birds could be heard all around. The grass was incredibly green and everything seemed completely normal, and this was despised by Luke seeing as they had no control over their actions. The handler was un-kill-able, and attempting in broad daylight would kill off their progress.

          "I must admit, Number Five, in all the time that I have been here, I've never met someone quite like you," The Handler told Five, smirking devilishly. Luke didn't like the fact that she was basically hitting on him, after all it would definitely look a bit weird out in public. Imagine seeing about, a 45-year-old woman walking around with a 14-year-old boy. Pretty suspicious, if I do say so myself.

          "Hello, Handler," A passing man greeted the woman with white hair. Luke watched as he passed her as if she had a high level of royalty.

         "Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but they can't see the big picture," she smiled, "Your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if I may be so vainglorious. If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, Five."

         Luke was becoming extremely bored. Sure, he understood everything she was saying, but it made him really tired. She just blabbered on the whole walk to the main building. When coming inside, she took her coat off as Five took a small gaze at Luke's emotionless expression. He tucked his hands in his pockets while he wobbled on his one heel, "I'd like to talk about the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as this body replacement."

        "Such chutzpah," the Handler spoke sheepishly. Luke gave her a crazy glare, her vocabulary has definitely improved and that's very possible that her developers improved her chip. She patted her hair, "It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down, Five. All in good time. In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world."

They walked across a hallway that had a crowd of people walking one and another the other way. Luke took his gaze off of the building and how much it has changed, and continued to follow Five and the Handler. She sighed, "The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time of events and mankind's free will. The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, Five. Free your mind. You're management now:"

Luke grumbled as he stopped listening. The sound of her voice just made want to regurgitate his last meal, especially all over her. Looking back on when he lived with her, he never could notice how manipulative and stupid she sounded. She tricked him into a killing company, and she's probably doing the same to Five. What's Five going to do though? He knows his family is safe, so if he keeps working for the Commission the end of the world is still going to occur. Luke sighed, he already wanted to leave this dreaded building. All the memories gave him actually nightmares, and he's sick of seeing her face.

When snapping back to reality, he was standing at a desk next to Five, whom was holding a red folder. The Handler smirked devilishly, "Anywhoo, I'll be on my way. If you don't mind, I'd like your beloved Luke."

Five went to protest, but Like placed a hand on his shoulder as he smiled and nodded. Five nodded back while staring at the ground. The Handler and Luke began to what Luke assumed, her office. He heard her huffed out, "What are you doing with him?"

"It's simple, I was trying to stop the end of the world. I know your plan," Luke muttered to her. She opened the door to her office and waved him in. Walking in cautiously, she closed the door behind them. Humming, she smiled widely, "What.. plan?"

"You're plan to manipulate Five into working for you only for nothing he asked for to work out in his favor. You did it to me when I was younger, proves my smartness huh? Why are you, back? I just want to make sure after I believe I destroyed all your chips," Luke growled. She chuckled out, placing her hand on his shoulder and rubbing it. She began to walk around her office, "Oh how you caught me, what a bummer. It's a shame that your boyfriend, Five, is too gullible. Unlike you, when you refused to believe anything I said to be productive. We tried to eliminate you, but I guess you eliminated all of the old chips of my robotic form.. forgetting we has recently created a newer and better version."

Luke's fists began to sweat as he squeezed them together harder. He huffed, "You won't get away with this you know."

"We'll see about that, Mr. Hargreeves."

———————

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
Read Below Please
⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

-Hi! Yes I know, I am uploading like a slug. I've been really busy with my streams recently, and I haven't had much time to work on this book. For now, You cane have this slightly smaller chapter. I will upload the next part as soon as I can. I love you guys! 💕

ALSO!

If you guys could go give me a follow on my twitch, I'd love you guys till the end and we could be friends and you could laugh with me and my friends and.. and.. and you could ask questions about my book! 🥺

my username is below(you'll have to add me on the app "Twitch")

oofer_beanz

-hannah! 👋🏻💕

ps, thank you!