013

"Neat trick, isn't it?"
-
-
-

         Luke tapped his fingers on his legs as he sat in the back seat of the car, which was being driven by Luther with Five in the passenger seat. When the car came to a stop, he looked out the windows at the farm like place as the click of Five's seatbelt came undone. Soon after, Luke unbuckled his and looked back outside the window. It was quiet as the car shut off, and the jingle of keys erupted the silence as Luther dropped his hand on his leg. The passenger, Five, let out a sigh.

        "You know, I never enjoyed it," Five informed Luther, looking outside as well. He looked at Luther, and Luther looked back at him. He nodded, "What?"

         Five swallowed the nervousness down, "The Killing. I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure," Five sighed, "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

        Luke scooted over to the middle seat, just so he could have eyes on both Luther and Five. The smell was filled with scents of cow feces and blooming crops such as corn. Luke could also smell the nervousness coming off of Five, as if he wasn't sure of something. He could tell from the body movements, it was easy to tell, even though Five isn't open like a book when it comes to examining him. Luther sighed, "Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you. You think they'll buy it?"

        Luther placed his rather large arm on the black briefcase. Their plan was to find a similar briefcase and fill it with random shit to make it actually realistic. Luke didn't understand why, he didn't really get why they would be so dumb to buy such a thing. The case doesn't even smell like it'd be useful. It's just another hunk of trash. It's just another lie-filled plan. Luke placed his elbows on his knees, "Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit."

        The two in the front glanced back at him, Five's eyes were filled knowingly. Luke was correct, if they found out the briefcase was lost and destroyed, they could be punished. The commission doesn't yield mercy, and their stunt could lead to torture or worse, death.

      "Not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back," Five informed Luther, looking back out the window. Luke followed Luther's eyes down to the briefcase. His mouth was slightly open, like he was thinking. Then he followed Five's to an old barn with horses accompanying it. Luther spoke up, interrupting the view, "Well, I should hold onto it."

           Five hummed in response, taking his eyes off the barn and gazing at Luther as if he didn't hear him correctly. Luther looked at him, "In case they make a move on you."

      Luke leaned forward, taking his elbows off his knees. Sighing he cold-heartedly placed his hand on Luther's shoulder, "Okay Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've lived a long time, but you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it."

          Luke leaned back in his seat, while Luther looked back at him through the rear-view mirror, "But you're only 29!" Five snickered, while Luke giggled. Blinking slowly, Luke licked his lips, "Don't you remember what I told you? I work for the Commission longer than Five has. More than 100 years if I'm correct. Don't quite remember, think I might be growing to old."