Chapter 24 ~ Sick Day

I feel so sick today.

My head is throbbing, my insides are doing gymnastics, and my sight is slightly blurred.

I'm sitting in first period trying not to fall asleep until I feel a light tap on my calf. On the wood flooring, I gaze down and see a crumpled, white paper. I look across from my seat and see Spinel stealing glances at me. When we made eye contact, she shifted her eyes downward. I pick up the paper and untangle it.

"Yo, wanna go on a date this Saturday?" The paper read. I was about to decline, since I have a lot of assignments overdue. I looked at her, shook my head, and mouthed the word "no". She gave me a death glare and nodded her head vigorously. I quietly snickered.

Spinel looked down and felt a paper ball graze her thigh before it landed on the ground in front of her. She tucked under her desk and grabbed the paper.

"Slink—I mean Spinel, autocorrect lol. Sorry, I've got a lot of stuff to do. We can hang in my room if you want tho." The magenta-haired girl read in her head. She looked over at her girlfriend, and Y/N simply giggled back. Some of the class rolled their eyes at the couple. Others didn't care. The teacher had left the students momentarily to use the restroom.

Spinel has began to stare.
I waved gently at her, and she seemed taken aback. She blinked a few times and suddenly scribbled down her response, then smiled at me and nodded.

♡♡♡
Saturday, 11:30 AM...

Spinel quietly sat on the bed behind me, kissing my neck. I let out a slight whimper as I tried to focus on the pythagorean theorem. I stopped focusing all of a sudden because my head and stomach started aching.

Everything hurts.

I feel sleepy.

♡♡♡

Spinel looked down at the passed-out Y/N. She shook Y/N lightly.
"Hey? Shortie? Ya alright? You-" Spinel felt Y/N's forehead. It was burning.
"Whoa, hey Y/N, you don't look so good." Spinel gently left Y/N on the bed and walked to the kitchen to grab a medkit. She pulled out a thermometer.
"Y/N, wake up." Spinel gently woke Y/N up.
"H-huh? Yeaaaah, just lemme finish this up—"
"No, you're sick idiot. Lay down. This is why I told you not to eat ramen for dinner every night."
Spinel put the thermometer in Y/N's mouth.
"100....geez, take better care of yourself." Spinel muttered the last part.
"hUH? Didn't hear...you.." Y/N said and quietly drifted off to a peaceful rest.
Spinel sat on the edge of the bed and stared at her dear Y/N. She seemed so...perfect. It was still a surprise that Y/N was her girlfriend.

Spinel closed her eyes and thought about her mom.

Y/N suddenly woke up and scrambled to the bathroom.
Spinel thought about going after her to check on her, but she suddenly heard the noises and knew it was just Y/N barfing.

"Eww.." Y/N walked and stumbled on the ground, and before she could fall over Spinel caught her and helped her to the bed.
"I'll be back in 10, I'm getting some stuff for ya." Spinel said before heading out.

♡♡♡