Making Connections

I pull the covers off of me and stand up, stretching. Wait, the journal! I turn, looking at my nightstand. It's perfectly fine. Was it all a dream? I check my pocket and pull out the muddy headband. It couldn't of been a dream if I have the headband... How much did I pretend? What's going on here? I glance out the window and see sunshine and birds happily chirping. I put on my muddy sneakers and run outside. "Mabel?!" I scream desperately. I run into the woods again and retrace my steps. I get back to the bush and examine it. It doesn't seem out of the norm. "Strange.." I mumble quietly. I walk back down the path and into the house. I flop down on the bed and open the journal. I flip to a random page but it's blank. I continue flipping through, but it's all blank. I flip on the black light and nearly faint.

Hey, Pinetree. Have fun trying to use your journal!

I flip to the next page and point the light at it. It's a hand turkey...? What the heck is wrong with this dude... thing... triangle? I don't understand what's going on. Okay, first I left the house with Mabel. Next, we split ways. Then, I came back but she wasn't there. What happened between the time we split till the time I saw she wasn't there... Maybe some animal scared her away from the path? No, that doesn't explain the headband unless it bite her or something. Oh, maybe she scratched her hand on something sharp, tried to clean it up with her headband! No, that won't explain why she's missing. I run, what feels like, hundreds of possibilities through my head; not a single one makes sense. I just wish I had any idea what happened to her... This is driving me nuts. I open the journal again and flip on the blacklight. Most of them are just empty but one doesn't look like it was written in the normal blacklight stuff. Seems more drippy. I turn off the blacklight and fall out of bed in shock. The page is stained red with drops of what I expect to be blood. It reads "help me." Does that mean... No... He wouldn't. He couldn't. Could he? I flip though the book again and notice Bill's page still there. I'm so going to regret this.