Chapter 2

DongHyuck raised his eyes from his phone, when he heard his name being called by the speakers, putting his book in his backpack and leaving the classroom after bowing to the teacher. He walked in the empty hallway, wondering what he had done wrong this time, he was just pretty sure it was about his harmless fight with that annoying guy in a grade above him. He knocked on the principal office door, entering the room and bowing to the old men, who motioned for him to sit down in the chairs in front of his desk. He turned around, recognising the same guy from yesterday at detention sitting right next to him, who smirked before looking back at the principal.
-Lee DongHyuck, you do know why you are here right?- asked the man looking up at the young boy who shook his head.
-Mr. Kim, if it's for the fight I was just defending myself- he replied being interrupted by him.
-Yes, it's the fight but not only, I'm sure you are aware of your behaviour and how it had been problematic...-
-I know, I am trying to change-
-Stop talking DongHyuck, I'm doing you a huge favour by not suspending you after all you have done, and that's why we have Mark Lee here. He is the head of the student council, he has been the one taking care of your reports, and he is an excellent student. I'm really proud of having him here and that he accepted my offer to help you. Look, try to be understanding DongHyuck, I understand your situation and that's why I'm giving you another opportunity. From tomorrow you will be spending an extra hour after school to go over your failing classes with Mark, and hopefully some good sense will be getting into you- concluded mr Kim smiling, the room became suddenly quite.
-Thank you, mr Kim. Now if you don't mind I'll take my leave- spoke DongHyuck taking his backpack from the ground and leaving the room, after bowing to the principal. He kept his head low, not wanting to show his crystallised eyes, taking a deep breath and closing the door, deciding he would have left that place. He shook his head, his blood boiling, why couldn't he be like Mark? Why did everyone compliment him and look up to him? He hated him, that dude was on his nerves and he did not know how it could have helped him in anyways but making him feel worse.
-DongHyuck- called Mark catching up to him in the hallway, seeing him not stopping in his tracks.
-Your class is the other way- continued Mark already behind the younger.
-Let me be, I can do whatever I want- said DongHyuck continuing to walk, Mark on his side looking at him.
-Are you crying?- asked Mark noticing the younger's eyes even with his bangs covering his forehead.
-No, and mind your own business- he replied finally reaching the exit and taking his leave, noticing that mark had stayed behind.