Chapter 14

Mark finally saw DongHyuck in the hallway after more than a week of not seeing him around. He was worried and had no idea what had happened to him, his homeroom teacher just said he was sick while everyone else had no idea where he was.
-DongHyuck- he called walking towards him at his locker.
-What, Mark?-
-I, I'm happy of seeing you here today, I was worried- spoke Mark receiving a nod from the younger who turned around to face him. His face was not bruised, but he looked tired and lifeless.
-Are you coming to my house today?- he asked receiving yet another nod from him, who  turned around to close the locker.
-I'll see you later then- he spoke not receiving any other answer from the younger, who waved his hand for then walking away.
Mark waited for DongHyuck outside of his classroom like he did everyday for the past few months, waiting for him to come out to walk home.
-Hey Mark- he greeted seeing the older outside of his classroom, starting to walk next to him exiting the building.
-Hi Mark. Oh hi DongHyuck! Welcome back!- greeted Mrs Lee seeing the two guys entering the house, surprised to finally see DongHyuck coming back to their house.

DongHyuck looked down at his arms, and the amount of stitching the doctor had to do on him, now covered by the bandages. He should have planned better, he couldn't believe that he was still here, in his house, having to listen to his parents screaming and fighting, always bringing him in the middle of their conflicts. He didn't want to believe he was still breathing, he didn't know the cleaning lady was gonna come that day, finding him in the bathroom covered in blood. He sighted, trying to shut off the noise coming from the living room where his parents were arguing. His mother hated him and his dad at this point was just trying his best to not lose his fragile temper every time he saw his son.
The shouting died down when the doorbell rang, but DongHyuck couldn't hear who it was, so he just went back to his book, the one that mark had given him a few weeks prior. A knock on his door made him sight again, what did his parents want now? He said a come in, not moving his eyes from his book.
-Hey DongHyuck- said Mark seeing the younger raising his eyes surprised.
-What are you doing here?- he asked closing his book and leaving it next to him on the bed.
-You forgot your textbook, and you have a test tomorrow, so i came to give it to you- he smiled, passing him the book in his hands, his eyes falling and the youngers uncovered arms.
-Thanks- said DongHyuck getting up from his seated position on the bed and leaving the book on the desk.
-What happened to your arms, DongHyuck?- asked Mark, not being able to take his eyes off of DongHyuck bandaged forearms.
-Nothing, I fell- he said shaking his shoulders and sitting down on his bed again, patting the space next to him for mark to sit.
-I'm sorry you had to hear my parents argue- he spoke rolling his eyes, seeing Mark nod.
-It's fine-
Mark got up, looking at DongHyuck who was now laying on his back, his legs dangling down the bed.
-Good luck on your test tomorrow, Hyuck. I'll get going now- spoke Mark starting to walk towards the door, stopped by the youngers voice.
-Mark wait- he called him getting up himself and walking up to Mark.
-Can you do it again?- asked DongHyuck in a whisper.
-Do what?- he asked confused not understanding what he was talking about.
-Can you...can you kiss me again?- finally asked DongHyuck looking down on the floor, a smile appearing on Marks face, who without a doubt grabbed the younger from his waist, bringing him close and cutting distance between them, their lips touching.
Mark didn't stop there, he moved his lips, deepening the kiss that he was waiting for and that he imagined for all that time, his actions being mirrored by DongHyuck, who brought his hands behind Marks neck.
-Thank you, I feel better now- lightly spoke DongHyuck in a smile moving from Mark.
-Just promise me something, don't hurt yourself anymore- he answered smiling and leaving the room.