Chapter 6

Jack POV
"Jack", a voice calls faintly. It keeps calling my name and gets louder each time. "Jack", it says again. I open my eyes to come face to face with Elizabeth. She is beautiful, with the sun from my window gleaming in and shining across her face which makes her freckles and stunning blue eyes stand out. What is she doing here? She touches my face and runs her fingers through my hair. I smile and lean into her soft touch. She leans forward and kisses me gently. "I love you", she says against my lips and kisses me again, more passionately. "You do?", I ask after she pulls away. "Yes", she answers, "Do you love me?", she asks me, her eyes looking deep into mine. "I do. Of course, I do", I say. She smiles and leans close to my ear, whispering, "Show me you love me". She pulls back with a smirk and my eyes widen to the point they could almost pop out like in the cartoons. I am so caught up in what Liz said I don't realise her running her hand down my chest and slipping under my shirt. I grip the bottom of her shirt and start to lift it while leaning in to kiss her. As we are about the kiss, a beeping noise rings in my ear. I groan and my eyes slowly open to come back to reality. Of course, that was a dream, it was too good to be true. I reach my arm over to turn it my alarm off and groan. My mum knocks at my door and says "get up sleepy head. It's 9:30 am, eat breakfast, get dressed and go do something productive today". I sigh and get out of bed. Another day where Elizabeth doesn't love me when I am madly in love with her. I am so mesmerised by her that the world around me stops. I can never get her out of my head but I don't want her to leave, I love that she is all I think about. 

"Why don't you go out with Elizabeth today. It's a lovely day and you both are clearly not sick of each other so go do something", my mum says. "You just want me out of the house", I say to my mum who laughs. "Yes, that's why I said it. It's my cleaning day so I want everyone out of the house", she says to me and gives me the breakfast she so kindly made for me. "What would we do?", I ask my mum for any suggestions for a hang out with Liz and she says to go to the beach and have a picnic. I agree and text Liz asking if she would like to accompany me for a picnic at the beach. A few minutes later, my phone buzzes with a response from Liz saying yes. 

At around 12 pm, the doorbell rings so my mum answers the door. My mum calls out telling me  Liz is here. I walk downstairs greeting her with a kiss."Hi baby", I say to her. "Hi", she says back with a bright smile. "So, what's the plan today?", Liz asks me as we sit down on the couch. "Well, we can buy some food from somewhere and sit down on the grass in front of the beach and eat", I say and earn a nod from Liz. "Sorry about the last-minute text, my mum wants me to have a productive day, plus it's her cleaning day so she wants everyone out of the house", I say and look at my mum who has already started cleaning. As Liz is about to speak my mum interrupts telling us to nicely leave which we both laugh at.

Elizabeth and I find a table near the beach so we decide to sit there. Our lunch is chicken wraps with fries and it is delicious. "So, what do you think?", I ask Liz about the food. She has never heard of the place that makes the best wraps in San Fransico so I introduced her to it. "It is so good. I cannot believe I have never known this place existed", she says with her mouth full. "Glad you're enjoying it, baby", I say with a smile. Liz puts her wrap down and wipes her mouth with a napkin. "I love when you call me that", she says gazing into my eyes. "Baby?", I ask and she nods. "Well I'm glad you love it, baby", I smirk and she giggles. "I would like to kiss you right now but the table is in the way", I say to her and she laughs. Elizabeth stands from her seat and walks around the table to sit next to me. One of her arms drapes around my neck and the other touches my hands as she leans in to kiss me. "I know I said that it is too early in our relationship to start dating but I'm beginning to think that is a shit idea", she says with a frown. I lift her chin up with my index finger and kiss her again. "I want to be with you but it's up to you what you want to happen with us", I say truthfully. "I'm still trying to figure it out", she says. "That's ok. Tell me the final answer whenever you ready, baby", I say and kiss her. 

After we are finished with our lunch, we get up and place the rubbish in the bin. I intertwine my hand with Liz's as we walk to my car. We get back to my house and I lead Liz to my backyard where there is outdoor seating. We sit down at the large table placed on the grass. I hold Liz's hands in mine and stroke them with my thumbs. She smiles at my gesture and leans her head on my shoulder. I turn my head and kiss her forehead then trail kisses on down to her cheek in which she giggles. I move my way down her cheek and finding my way to her neck. I lightly kiss her neck and she pushes me away laughing. "That tickles", she says and I laugh along with her and start kissing her neck again just to hear her laugh. "Jack", she says and pushes me away once again.  The back door creaks open to reveal my mum. "I thought I heard voices. How was the beach?", she asks. "Good", I say and she nods. "Well, I'll go back inside, call me if you need anything", she says and leaves Liz and me alone. "Your mum is so nice", Liz says with a smile. "Sometimes", I say and she laughs. "I should get home now, I have guests coming over soon. I'll see you later", Liz says as she stands up and walks to the back door to go inside. I nod and walk her to the front door. "If I get bored at this gathering I'll come over to you. You're more fun than my family that I haven't seen in half a year", she says and walks out the door. "You're always welcome", I say and she smiles. We wave goodbye and I close the door. 

I want Liz and me to be together but I know she wants to take her time figuring out if it's the right decision to date me. I'd be her first boyfriend and they are always the ones that get remembered so she wants it to be the correct choice. I respect her decision of taking her time to think about the situation but I am not going to lie, it is hurting me inside. I'm so in love with her and I don't want to lose her. I know it's early to start saying stuff like love but I cannot help my feelings.