Chapter 5: The Plan....... That Goes Wrong

Ember's POV:                                                                                                                          The gang and I are in the security room.

"It all centers on that rock." Fred says.

"The so-called 'Rock of KISSteria,' which seems to be KISS' Detroit Rock." Velma says.

"You mean the one they sing about in that song Detroit Rock City? I always thought that stood for rock and roll." Shaggy says.

"Huh! I never thought of that. I guess that works too." Spaceman says as him and Starchild walk in the room.

"Did you figure anything out?" Starchild asks.

"Not yet, but if we had that rock, we might be able to set a trap." Daphne says.

"Then maybe it's time we hand it over to you, darling." Starchild says.

A while later, Demon walks in with a black and grey box and sets it on a table.

"I do not like this." Demon says.

"It's going to be fine." Starchild says. 

"How do you know?" Demon says.

All Starchild does is point to his eye.

"Oi..." Demon says with annoyance in his voice.

"Come on, Demon. If we don't stop the witch tonight, the park will go under." Catman says then leans closer to him and whispers, "You can also impress Ember."

Demon glares at him.

"So let's rock these kids, already!" Spaceman says excitedly.

Spaceman, Catman, and Starchild each put their hand on a circle on the box and I hear a musical note play from each.

Demon stands there with his arms crossed.

"Ah, alright.." Demon groans slightly and puts his hand on the box. It unlocks to reveal a big black diamond.

"Jinkies! It's a black diamond." Velma says with excitement.

"Largest in the world." Starchild says.

"Wicked...." I say in awe.

Demon just looks at me and smirks and I look away, crossing my arms.

"That explains why the Crimson Witch has turned this place upside down looking for it." Daphne says.

"Now it's just a matter of setting up a trap." Fred says.

"Yeah, so, like, who's gonna be bait?" Shaggy asks.

"You are!" Everyone answers, referring to Shaggy and Scooby.

"And Ember as well." Fred says.

Everyone looks at him, Demon looks both angry and worried by this.

"Is this because of the Ascot Land thing?" I ask.

"Yes," Fred says, then stops himself. "I mean no. You tackled the witch and punched her so she's not gonna like you very much."

I sigh.

"Darn... Me and my She-Demon attitude.." I grumble.

"We can't lure her out. Put yourself in our shoes." Catman says.

"You know what, that just might help," Shaggy says with a smile.

"You shouldn't have said that Wildcat..." I say next to him.