Chapter 19 -part one

Hannah's POV:

I stab its flesh. A dark line of blood trickles down its side. Heather decapitates the roo in a swift movement, pressing in some of the salt from her herb sack to its neck. We haul it over to the campsite; a cave below a thin river. The cave sits out from a ledge of the gorge. Below us is a long fall to a dark river, above is a mountain side of trees. Our river is a thin sheet of crystal clear water that flows from a massive cluster of boulders that is above a bore.
The river flows meekly across the top of the cave, then trickles down the side of the gorge to the river. We've camped there in our group of five for a couple of weeks; Angie, Heather, Jason, Drake and I. We have a good set up, mustering together all of our raided supplies. It's been months since I was bitten. I lied to the new group about seeing a doctor. I told them I was a carrier, which is true. It's when a person is immune to the disease, they show no effect to the bacteria, though are contagious to anyone else. I haven't figured out why, but I suspect that it can be transferred through bodily fluid. I left out that bit.
I'm not just a danger to myself. If someone was to find out, I'd have a bullet in my head faster then I could explain. It makes me feel dangerous and un-trustable. Which I am. I'm considered a weapon. I could kill every one in this group, which I will over time. Spending to much direct contact with a carrier will slowly weaken your immune system, leaving yourself so vulnerable to the disease, the bacteria catches. So I just learn not to get attached. Keep my secrets to myself, and start over.
After finding out I was carrier, I couldn't bare to kill myself. Zombies weren't as much as a threat to me as people. I'm so different from the person before the attack when my group perished. Before I would cower to be saved, now I would kill without ease. I hate myself for it. To know I would pull the trigger on any one in this group without regret.
We dump the roo on the ledge next to the others catches; berries, water and herbs.
"I'm going to get a fire going." Heather states.
She retreats inside the coolness of the cave. It's only then until I realise the blood smeared across the caves sides.
"HEATHER! NO!"
She screams.

~#~#~#~~#~#~#~~#~#~#~#~#~#~#}~#~#~#~#~#~#~~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#

Again thanks to Hannah for writing this. I had to edit some parts sorry.

-Kate