Before Eurielle knew it her birthday had passed and September first had speedily approached, which was magnificent, and only more so because her father still hadn't been found.

Her grandmother and grandfather were nervous wrecks, sending owls back and forth with Dumbledore, but of course, she wasn't allowed to know what those letters entailed. Her family had already been questioned about Black's whereabouts when he first escaped, and she had to tell aurora after aurora that she didn't know where her father was, it was cumbersome, to say the least.

She had gotten her school things and was at least physically ready to go back to school. Eurielle only hoped they didn't get a complete dipshit to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts this year.

She had found Quirrel irritating and Lockhart handsome at first, but as soon as he opened his mouth that all went down the drain. Her favorite teacher had to be Flitwick, but maybe she was biased because he was her head of house.

Eurielle fiddled with the hem of her plaid skirt as she sat in the back of her grandmother's car. She could feel her grandmother's dark eyes looking at her through the rearview mirror.

She wasn't just worried about, Black, she was worried about how her classmates would treat her, and she didn't really blame her. Eurielle already knew she would get flack from it, but there was nothing she could do about it.

" I'm going to be fine, Nan," she said as they parked outside of King's Cross Station, " I'll be at Hogwarts- the safest place on Earth,"

Lindsey sighed before nodding, motioning for the girl to get her things.

-

" C'mon Mione," huffed Ron before getting on the train, finding a compartment with Harry.

The girl rolled her eyes, " C'mere Crookshanks!" she called, looking everywhere for the orange cat, spotting him sitting atop a stone ledge attached to one of the pillars, " You silly cat what are you looking at, huh?" she asked before grabbing him.

Her eyes widened as she spotted Lindsey Truelove hugging Eurielle Black goodbye. The Ravenclaw waved goodbye while Lindsey blew her a kiss.

And just like that, the cogs in the brunette's brain started turning.

-

Eurielle flopped down onto a seat and sighed, happy to find a compartment to herself for the train ride, well that was until Blaise got bored of his Slytherin 'friends' and decided to pester her.

She had formed an odd relationship with the pureblood, she wouldn't necessarily call it friendship, maybe a sort of alliance between people who couldn't bare other people.

Surprisingly, she enjoyed his company and he hers, the both of them not really caring about the odd looks they would receive when talking in the hall.

A girl in her year, Lavendar Brown had started a rumor saying the two were dating and liked to snog in the library. It had affected Eurielle more so then it did Blaise, but sadly those double standards couldn't be helped, so she didn't worry about it.

Besides the two had found it hilarious and disregarded it, making fun of the dim-witted people at their school who.

Eurielle shrugged at the memory, pulling out a book, and for the few hours, she became lost in a fictional world.

-

It was around an hour or two later that Blaise found his way to her compartment, " Hello, Black," he said slipping through the door.