xlix

Harry read the letter over and felt what was between a smile and a grimace slip onto his face. He had already known this day was coming, he was going to have to tell Eurielle about her mother. Dumbledore hadn't told him not to, probably thought it would be useless.

His mind wandered to his own prophecy and the possibility of his impending death- no, he couldn't think about that right now.

Harry glanced at the small clock on his nightstand. The teenager stood and shoved his hands in his pockets, time to start dinner.

He made his way downstairs and the sound of Dudley yelling at the television attacked his ears. He rolled his eyes and looked into the living room where the great mass that was his cousin pointed and screamed curses at the wrestlers on the screen while his Uncle Vernon cheered his son on, " You tell them son! You could take care of them, no problem!"

Harry bit the inside of his cheek, trying to fight the smile that was forcing its way onto his face. He turned the corner and was met with his Aunt Petunia who's lip was biting on her almost nonexistent bottom lip, " Hurry now," she said sharply.

He said nothing and began chopping potatoes, " The Trueloves invited me over for dinner, they'd be coming to get me and dropping me off, is it alright if I go?" he asked, knowing damn well even if she did say no he'd be going.

His Aunt scowled, " I suppose," she sniffed, " Now hurry up and toss this chicken in the oven or you'll be going nowhere,"

-

Eurielle finished writing her letter to Luna and sent it off with their new owl their mother had named, Bean. Horrid name Eurielle thought.

She got up from her desk and began straightening her hair with her wand, thank God she could use this spell outside of school, like Lumos. After a final glance in the mirror she stepped out of the room to see Tonks in a crop top and ripped jeans, headphones on, and a tape player strapped to her hip. She was painting with the help of her wand.

Eurielle noticed it was the same color as the rest of downstairs. Her cousin noticed her and lifted one headphone up and Eurielle was greeted with the voice of Robert Plant, " Wotcher, Ellie," she said with a wink, " Fred said he'll be coming by today last night while I was having dinner with Molly- it's odd, she keeps inviting me over," she said with a shrug.

Eurielle grinned, " Can't relate," she replied before slipping past her and down the stairs but stopped in her tracks when she heard a voice softer than summer rain.

" Do you think I look nice Kreacher?"

" Miss Evelyn is looking beautiful!"

" Thank you," her mother replied sweetly, probably patting the old elf on the head.

Eurielle raised an eyebrow and rounded the corner to the parlor and knocked, " Come in!" answered Evelyn.

She reached for the brass knob and turned, and felt all the air leave her lungs and her jaw drop to the ground.

For a thirty-six year old who had a child and had spent about fifteen years in a mental ward her mother looked pretty damn good. She had on the white embroidered sunflower dress Eurielle had picked out. The dress was off shoulder and clinged to her mother's curvy figure, Eurielle could see where she got her shape from at least.

Evelyn beamed, her now shoulder length hair's curls bouncing as she spun toward her, " You said we were all having dinner tonight so I thought I would wear this dress! Though I don't know where it came from. . ."

Eurielle blinked, snapping out of her trance, " Oh, I got it for you,"

The brunette smiled and stepped closer and Eurielle narrowed in on the white wedges her mother wore, Kreacher had probably stolen them out of her closet for Evelyn, of course.