lxiii

Evelyn entered the house slowly and allowed herself to be transported to her school years. When she and Nicole would talk at the bar and watch movies on the sofa. How they would all eat dinner together in the dining room. Over the course of seven years this house had been her home and she had loved it. Now she was back.

Sirius placed a hand on her shoulder, silently asking her if she was okay. Evelyn nodded, not really sure herself. Her mother and father were talking behind them while Jemison was unloading the car. She was back but things were far from being how they used to be.

Her and Sirius were no longer used to each other. They slept in separate beds, unsure how to fill the gap. He was her husband, but it was almost like he was a complete stranger. It broke her heart to feel this way but she wasn't sure how she could just go back to how they used to be.

With Dumbledore being dead they hadn't really had the time to discuss things properly and at the moment she really didn't want to. Ellie and Harry were her top priority and she had to voice her concerns to Sirius, hopefully he'd agree. Harry was a whole other thing. She could only lead him on the right path, not tell him how and where.

What a rotten role she was forced to play.

Evelyn took a seat on the couch and watched as her mother happily bustled into the kitchen, talking about making steak or ribs. She smiled as her father followed her mother like a lost puppy, most likely happy to see his wife so full of life once again.

Sirius took the cushion next to her, his tattooed hands going to his lap and his pale eyes going to the panelled ceiling. She frowned, unhappy with how nervous and timid he was around her when they were alone, " I want to talk to you about something," she said.

His head snapped towards her and he nodded, " Yeah?"

She paused, " Eurielle won't be seventeen until mid-August and according to dad the U.S will be closing their borders soon due to Voldemort and the presidency coming up. . . I want to send Eurielle to America, where she can finish her schooling without having to worry about all this,"

" She can't go back, with us being in the order and everything. There's no telling what will happen to her,"

Sirius's doe-eyed expression turned hard and calculating. He stared at his shoes before slowly nodding his head, " I've been thinking about it too in all honesty, Jemison and I had discussed it off and on before Lindsey was attacked. She damn well won't be happy about it but she has people there she knows,"

Evelyn sighed, " She'll be furious. . . but someone has to go with her and after what happened to mama. . . I think they should take her, even if that means I might never see them again,"

The brunette felt a painful lump form in her throat but she swallowed it, " I'm sorry, Sirius," she whispered, " I know this isn't what you wanted-,"

" Don't," he interrupted, taking her hand in his, " I know it's hard, and I didn't really think it would happen just like that but what matters is that we still feel the same. . . you do still feel the same right?" he asked, a suddenly tinge of fear in his voice.

Evelyn felt her lip curl, " I thought you promised you wouldn't be a humoungous stupid ever again?" she chuckled softly; practically praising the Lord he still loved her after so long.

A look of relief washed over his handsome face, " My apologies, Truelove," he hummed, a slight smirk on his face. Most likely reminiscing.

The witch scowled and thumped him, " It's Black," she teased.

He couldn't help but grin, " You better watch it I don't want our first snog of the nineties to be on your parent's couch,"

Evelyn let out an obnoxious snort as she succumbed to delirious laughter, " It wouldn't be the first time would it?!" she asked, thus making him laugh as well.