Chapter 2. A third chance for the Nagato-class dreadnoughts'

Recap: Nagato and Mutsu were betrayed by the Empire of Sakura and you took them with your fleet of the Dragon Empire.

Back to present

3rd person

It has been a day since the Sakura Empire betrayed Nagato and Mutsu. The pair are currently walking together towards the Emperor for as they have been summoned by him directly.

Nagato: **gulp** Why have we been summoned by him?

An Shan: Because he wants to speak with you two personally. Trust me, he is a very well mannered, patient, and gentle young man. My name is An Shan by the way.

Mutsu: **shaking** O-okay, we'll t-trust you f-for n-now.

An Shan: There is no need to fear him. He was betrayed by your empire three years ago. We found him and he begged us to kill him. We refused to do so and he explained to us everything that happened. He knows how you two feel.

Nagato: **sighs** V-very well t-then.

They enter the palace and walk into a room decorated with very beautiful Chinese wall paper and pottery. They look on wards and see the same man that spared them yesterday. He sat upon a set of pillows and looked at them very seriously. This caused Nagato and Mutsu to shake again with fear. They managed to hold back their tears for the time being. When they are in front of him, he asks them to sit down.

Emperor Hirohito: Hello, can you please take a seat you two? **smiles**

Nagato and Mutsu: **nods their heads and sit down on the pillows**

Emperor Hirohito: Thank you, I would like to have a talk with you two personally.

An Shan: I will leave you to it your majesty. **bows and leaves**

Emperor Hirohito: Now, may I ask for your names please?

Nagato: M-my name is.....N-Nagato, the Shrine Maiden of the Chongying Islands and I am the l-lead ship of the Nagato-class dreadnought.

Musu: I am M-Mutsu, Nee-san of Nagato and the second ship of the N-Nagato-class dreadnought. 

Emperor Hirohito: I am Emperor Hirohito, the betrayed Emperor of the Sakura Empire and the current Emperor and Admiral of the Dragon Empire's navy.

They are in shock because they thought he was killed three years ago and didn't believe An Shan nor her words. They opposed killing him and wanted to send him to exile but Akagi and the Siren's had other ideas.

Emperor Hirohito: I remember you two very well. Now, I would like to ask you two a few questions. Okay?

Nagato and Mutsu: Y-yes, y-your majesty.

Emperor Hirohito: Good, my first question is why were you two betrayed by the empire?

Nagato: It all started a m-month ago.

Mutsu: They shifted their hatred to us and harmed us because we didn't do any kind of missions for the empire. Nagato was the flagship at first, then she handed that position to Yamato. **tears forming again** We fell into a deep state of depression and sadness. Then, Akagi added us to her division and sent us to kill and finish off the Dragon Empire once and for all. If we were successful, then we would be forgiven by the empire and the people itself. So we were the only ones fighting. Only me and Nagato-nee could fight your navy and we can't have any help. We started at first, then we turned around and saw that Akagi and Kaga were launching their planes at us.

She tells him their story and then he tells them his story. When he finishes, he asks them another question.

Emperor Hirohito: What are you two going to do now that you have no home?

Nagato: **tearing up again** W-w-w-we d-don't k-k-k-know.

Emperor Hirohito: Well, I would like to ask one more question and then you two are dismissed okay?

Nagato and Mutsu: Y-yes your m-m-majesty.

Emperor Hirohito: Good, will you two join our empire and fight in our navy against the Empire of Sakura? We will offer you a new home, give you the help you need, and new friends.

They are motionless and speechless when he asks them to join the Dragon Empire and its navy. They break down in tears again.

Nagato: **crying** Do you know what you are asking us?

Emperor Hirohito: Yes I do.

Mutsu: **crying** Y-yes, we will join you.

He is glad that they have accepted the offering but he is still sad to see them cry. So he gives them another hug to calm them down.

Emperor Hirohito: **hugging Nagato and Mutsu** Shh, there, there, everything will be okay. **gives them head pats**

The two sisters accept the hug and head pats. It takes them a few minutes, but they calm down once more.

Emperor Hirohito: Tell me, what is it that causes this depression? We must help you if you have joined our empire's navy.

Nagato: **sobbing** Just thinking about what happened causes so much p-pain for us.

Mutsu: **also sobbing** It hurts even more because it has happened recently.

Emperor Hirohito: Then I am to be a therapist for the both of you. Now why don't we introduce you two to the others?

Nagato: Understood, y-your majesty.

They recollect themselves and follow the Emperor to the harbor. When they arrive, they see everyone that serves within the Dragon Empire's navy waiting for them.

Emperor Hirohito: Ladies, can I please have your attention?

Ping Hai: Of course your majesty.

They give him their full attention.

Emperor Hirohito: Thank you, now, these are our new friends and fellow ship-girls. They are the Nagato-class dreadnoughts.

Nagato: I-I am Nagato, the Shrine Maiden of the Chongying Islands, and the lead ship of the Nagato-class dreadnought.

Mutsu: I-I am M-Mutsu, second ship of the Nagato-class dreadnought, and next in line to become the Shrine Maiden.

An Shan: I am An Shan, lead ship of the An Shan-class destroyers.

Fu Shun: I am Fu Shun, second ship of the An Shan-class destroyers.

Chang Chun: I am Chang Chun, third ship of the An Shan-class destroyers.

Tai Yuan: I am Tai Yuan, fourth ship of the An Shan-class destroyers.

Yat Sen: I am Yat Sen, the only and lead ship of the Yat Sen-class light cruisers.

Ning Hai: I am Ning Hai, lead ship of the Ning Hai-class light cruisers.

Ping Hai: I am Pinh Hai, second ship of the Ning Hai-class light cruisers.

Emperor Hirohito: Good, now I suspect you all to be great friends with each other okay?

Everyone: Yes your majesty.

Emperor Hirohito: Now, why don't we all grab something to eat? We can learn more about each other while eating.

Everyone: Yes majesty.

Emperor Hirohito: Then we have decided, now lets head over to the restaurant.

Everyone: HAI!

(THIS IS THE END OF CHAPTER 2. A THIRD CHANCE FOR THE NAGATO-CLASS DREADNOUGHTS'. AS ALWAYS, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY READERS.)