Chapter 5. Operation Minefield

Recap: The Emperor had Nagato and Mutsu tested on their stats during combat.

Back to present

It has been two days since the testing and the girls are arming the last of the sea-mines. They have been loaded onto their ships already, but the last of them are being armed for operation.

Ning Hai: **arms the last mine onboard her ship** All of mine have been armed Nee-san!

Ping Hai: Great! We are just waiting for the commander to finish loading his set of mines and then we will be ready to plant them!

An Shan and Chang Chun are loading the last of the mines onto the your ship.

An Shan: **ties a sea-mine down** Next!

Chang Chun: Coming!

A crane lowers the sea-mine onto its rack and then An Shan ties it down as well.

An Shan: **ties a sea-mine down** Next!

Chang Chun: Roger!

Emperor Hirohito: Great work girls!

Everyone: Hai!

Nagato: Where are we going to lay down these mines your majesty?

Emperor Hirohito: Some 200 miles off the coast of course. They will be set to different depths for different ships. The first row will be set at a depth for destroyers, the second row will be set for light cruisers, the third row will be set for heavy cruisers, the fourth row will be set for battlecruisers, the fifth row will be set for battleships and light aircraft carriers, and the sixth row will be set for the aircraft carriers. We already have sea-mines planted out there for any of their submarines that wish to enter our home waters.

Mutsu: What if we plant our sea-mines in their home waters? It would keep them inside their waters for some time.

Emperor Hirohito: That will be for a later operation my friend, our main concern is our waters. When that is taken care of, then we will begin to place our sea-mines into their waters.

Chang Chun: Your majesty, we have finished loading and arming all of the sea-mines. We are ready for planting.

Emperor Hirohito: Great, tell the ours to get ready, we will plant these mines 200 miles off our coast.

Chang Chun: Hai! EVERYONE GET READY, WE ARE EXITING THE HARBOR!

Everyone: HAI HAI!

You climb onto your flagship and lead the fleet to the said coordinates for the operation.

Mean while

Mikasa: Who the hell is crazy enough to bombard our homeland while we are distracted with the Azur Lane alliance?

Akagi: I highly doubt those two weaklings are behind it, they may have given us a beating, but we made sure that enough damage was done to prevent them from sailing again. Speaking of which, a heavy thunder storm will be appearing near their last location. So they will meet their end by flooding and being pulled under by the hug waves during this storm.

Observer Alpha: **giggles** Good, we can't afford to have weaklings become our weakness for the empire and its future.

Kaga: Agreed, but we still need to figure out who is responsible for shelling us while we were gone.

Observer Alpha: Well, I'll leave you to it then. **opens a portal and enters the portal**

The portal closes behind her and the girls continue to discuss who could be responsible for shelling the empire behind their backs.

Back to your view

Emperor Hirohito: We have arrived at the coordinates girls. An Shan and Chang Chun, please drop your mines in a row when you two are ready.

An Shan: Hai!

Chang Chun: I'm ready your majesty. Three, two, one, dropping!

These release their twenty mines into the water and they hit the bottom after a few minutes of dropping. The explosive parts rise and then stop at the depth of destroyers. They withdraw and wait at the back. Ready to open fire at any ships that are hostile.

Emperor Hirohito: Fu Shun and Tai Yuan, prepare to release your sets of mines.

Fu Shun and Tai Yuan: Hai!

Fu Shun: Dropping now!

Tai Yuan: I'm also dropping!

The mines slid down the stern and enter the freezing cold waters of the Pacific Ocean, they hit the bottom and float back up to a depth of light cruisers.

Emperor Hirohito: Great job! Ning Hai and Ping Hai, release your mines when ready!

Ning Hai: One, two, three releasing.

Ping Hai: Releasing my set as well.

Their sets of twenty each enter the water and float to the depth of heavy cruisers, they join the others in the back and prepare to cover the operation.

Emperor Hirohito: Good job! Yat Sen, you're with me. I'm ready when you are.

Yat Sen: I'm ready your majesty.

Emperor Hirohito and Yat Sen: Releasing now!

Your set and Yat Sen's set hit the water at the same time and fall down and then float back up to a depth of battlecruisers. You and Yat Sen rejoin the fleet at the back.

Emperor Hirohito: Nagato and Mutsu, release your first set's of twenty each into the water. Make sure they are set to a depth of battleships and light aircraft carriers!

Nagato and Mutsu: Yes your majesty.

They look at each other and nod their heads. Then, they feed the ocean their first set of twenty sea-mines each.

Emperor Hirohito: Good job! Please prepare to drop your last set of twenty for a heavy aircraft carrier depths. You may release when ready.

Nagato: Dropping.

Mutsu: I'm also dropping Nee-san.

The mines make their way into the water and float up to a depth set for heavy aircraft carriers. They rejoin the fleet when they are finished and wait for your orders.

Emperor Hirohito: Good job everyone, set sail for our home waters please.

Everyone: Hai!

Your fleet sails back to the mainland and they prepare to rest.

(THIS IS THE END OF CHAPTER 5. OPERATION MINEFIELD. IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, THE SAKURA EMPIRE WILL LAUNCH A TASK FORCE AT THE DRAGON EMPIRE. AS ALWAYS, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY READERS.)