𝟎𝟏 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for elders

care /ker/
𝑛. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑡ℎ, 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑓𝑎𝑟𝑒, 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔.

"I USED TO have sex all the time-every day, every minute, almost every man. I didn't care if he was married or single, I was a woman who loved to be satisfied," Miss Paola had stated as Avelina finished making her food.

"Sounds like you were never bored," Avelina chuckled in response. Her back was turned towards the elder woman, but she knew that Miss Paola was rolling her eyes. A scoff left the woman's mouth leaving Avelina to smile softly.

"I wasn't bored only because I didn't spend my days taking care of old women like me," she seethed out.

"What if I said that I have fun taking care of others?" Avelina replied in a question just as she placed the Chicken Alfredo on the dish. Once again, Miss Paola was rolling her eyes.

"Then you'd be a goddamned liar," The woman had said aggressively. Avelina set the plate down on the very elegant table, her smile never faltering.

"I don't lie, Miss Paola," She told her. Turning around, Avelina eyed the older woman while she got up from her seat on the couch. Her hair was up in an elegant updo, and she was dressed in her usual business-like wear. For her to be elder, she never seemed to be dressed down. Even her makeup looked professionally done.

"Aren't you Brazilian?" She asked, walking over to her seat at the table. Nodding her head, Avelina sent her a smile despite the fact that Miss Paola seemed to be in a cranky mood no matter how hard she tried to be nice.

"If I hadn't had gone through menopause already, I might actually be jealous of you," she said with a slight eye-roll once again. Avelina couldn't stop her eyebrow from rising as she processed her words. It didn't seem like much, but it was believed to be the closest she had ever gotten to a compliment.

"And why is that?" The caregiver asked, genuinely interested.

"You have a nice figure and your facial features don't make me want to throw up. I believe you should be out there putting your body to great use rather than here taking care of me like I'm some sort of toddler," she spoke angrily. Avelina couldn't hide the small smile on her face. To hide it, she turned away and began to clean the dishes that she had used to cook the meal.

"I guess I'm just not the type. I prefer to be home, or out doing my job," she explained with a small shrug. The woman's back was straight as she ate her food with such great posture. Everything she did had to be precise, or she would think poorly of herself for days.

"You know, I own this hotel. All you have to do is come by for a room and I'll let you have it for the night," she chuckled after fully chewing her food and swallowing it. Avelina turned towards her with a playful look just before shaking her head.

"Fine, I give up trying to live my youth through you. You're just boring," Miss Paola muttered. When Avelina's eyes returned to the dishes at hand, she had gotten up from the table and walked away.

Miss Paola was ridiculously rich. The hotel she currently was being taken care in was not just a simple hotel. It had to have had many penthouse suites, one in which she lives in. The building reaches the sky, and only the classiest of people seem to live in it. Avelina would've never guessed that she had to take care of the millionaire who owns it.