𝟏𝟔 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for tears

frantically /fran-tic-ally/
adv. in a hurried, excited, or disorganized manner.

AVELINA FROZE AS she took in the scene in front of her

AVELINA FROZE AS she took in the scene in front of her. A bullet pierced through the air and despite how fast it must've flown by in reality, it seemed slow in Avelina's eyes.

Adrik had his gun directed at someone. Her eyes focused in on the pulling back of his index finger against the trigger. She even caught a glimpse of the gun flinching back as the smallest bullet erupted from such a deadly force. The crazy part was that Adrik didn't flinch at all. He looked cold and calculating as if he had done it plenty of times before. Avelina didn't know what to fear more-him or the bullet.

"Avelina!" Anastasia shouted. Once again, it seemed as though it was happening so slowly. Anastasia sounded muffled in the ears of Avelina. She couldn't figure out why her body wouldn't allow her to turn to look at Anastasia. All she could focus on was Adrik.

Even when her eyes dropped to follow his hand that grasped his side in pain, she couldn't move a muscle. There was blood that trickled all around his fingers like rain drizzling on the windshield.

When Adrik fell to the ground, everything had finally moved at its normal pace again. She could hear the guests still chatting amongst themselves. She could feel the panic from Anastasia just radiating off of her.

"Anastasia get back to the guests. Now!" Valentino shouted. Avelina looked over at Anastasia while feeling her eyes brimming with tears. Avelina's lungs felt like they were blocking out any sort of oxygen from entering them. She didn't know what was happening.

Anastasia slowly nodded her head at her husband before grasping Avelina's hand into hers.

"You're experiencing an anxiety attack. Listen, Adrik needs you right now, so I'm going to need you to breathe. Look at me and breathe," Anastasia let out. Avelina tried to focus on something-anything. Then, her eyes met Anastasia's and saw the tranquillity that she held so effortlessly. A tranquil that Avelina wished she could hold within the depths of her orbs.

Slowly, Avelina's lungs opened up, and she could just feel the air quickly filling them.

"Good, good," Anastasia spoke just before letting go of Avelina's hand.

"Anastasia, please go. I don't want the guests to be alarmed," Valentino told her. Anastasia nodded her head once more and gave Avelina a firm hug before going back to where they had come from.

Avelina's eyes then moved back over to Adrik.

She quickly bent down beside him and pushed his suit jacket off his body. Valentino busied himself by talking to someone on the phone in Italian while Avelina tried to tear through the fabric of Adrik's shirt. Sadly, she was far too weak.

"Do you have a knife?" She asked, looking over to Valentino. He paused on the phone by pressing it between his shoulder and his cheek. He then grabbed the knife from his waistband before handing it over to her. She used the knife to cut through his shirt.