𝟐𝟖 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for choices

Here's an early update :)

HE PULLED THE blanket over their bodies and laid his head down just above her chest so that his head rested in the crook of her neck

Her hand came up and played in his hair where she found herself rubbing his scalp.

"I really care about you, Avelina," he told her.

His words made her want to cry. Her mind was hazy and full of questions. Her thoughts were inconclusive and indecisive. Home was with Adrik, but she felt as though her house was in flames and no one was around to help her.

"I care about you, too," she whispered, her voice cracking as her gaze became blurry as her eyes hid behind her tears. "But I don't know if I can stay with you."

His grip tightened around her. "I do not understand."

"I feel guilty everything I'm around you now. How can I live with that?" She asked. He pulled his head away from her neck to gaze at her with furrowed brows.

"I do not know the answer to your question," he stated.

She let out a sigh. "Nevermind, Adrik."

"I am trying to understand," he let out.

"But you don't! You don't understand!" she exclaimed.

Avelina immediately regretted her words the second she said them. Hurt crossed Adrik's features as he pulled apart from Avelina. She quickly sat up while holding the blanket up against her chest.

"I'm sorry. I've just been angry, and upset these past few days. All I could think about was you and us. Not only that, but Vincent and my grandmother. I'm so confused about how to feel right now! I don't want to choose because I don't want to lose anyone or lose myself," she explained.

Tears fell from her eyes as she stared at Adrik.

He didn't say a word as he got up from the bed and picked up his boxers from the ground. Avelina quickly latched onto his wrist. She didn't know what compelled her to grab him, but she did.

"I don't know how long I'm staying here before leaving to Brazil," she spoke sadly.

Adrik clenched his jaw. His hands were balled up into fists as his eyes seemed to shut. "I don't want you to go."

She looked down at her lap. Her fingers began to play amongst each other. It was selfish of her to want him to lay back down and hold her. She knew that it was wrong, but she wanted it to be right. For one night, she didn't want to think-she just wanted to feel.

He laid back down onto the bed and pulled Avelina onto his chest. She was glad to be surrounded by his warmth once more.

-