𝟐𝟐 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 for conversations

Negligence /neg-li-gence/
n. failure to take proper care in doing something.

AVELINA WAS ALMOST done getting ready for the meeting with Johnathan

AVELINA WAS ALMOST done getting ready for the meeting with Johnathan. She was wearing a black dress that covered up her cleavage and managed to reach the top of her knees. The only reason why she decided to wear black was because she knew how terrible the color looked on her-well, according to Adrik.

She wanted to look as horrifying as she possibly could because the last thing she wanted was for Johnathan to believe they were doing anything besides have a very business-like conversation. Avelina didn't even bother with makeup or her hair. She left her hair in its typical wavy state before slipping on a pair of flats.

When she was done, she walked out of her room and headed into the piano room where Adrik was occupying his time.

He noticed her right away. It was difficult for him not to cringe at the sight of the ugly dress, but he managed. She looked like someone died and she was heading to their funeral. Although, Adrik was actually quite grateful that she didn't leave to go see Johnathan in a dress that would help bring out her beauty.

Blue was his favorite color on her, it really brought out her beautiful eyes. He also liked the gold dress she wore at the wedding because it showed the person she truly was on the inside-the kind of girl that makes the darkest room shine.

"Hi," she smiled before walking over to the piano. He anticipated her sitting on top of the piano like she typically did, but Adrik was quite shocked to see her sitting down beside him on the bench.

Her intense eyes gleamed happily into his as her fingers hovered over the keys. He watched her questionably, but didn't bother to interrupt.

Suddenly, she began to play the beginning of one of Beethoven's most popular songs. It left a smile on Adrik's face as he watched her. Even though she only played the piano for a few seconds, it still meant more to him than anything.

"Für Elise," she said, stating the title of the song. "While you were away at work all day, I watched a bunch of tutorials on how to do that. See, told you I was a magical pianist."

"I see," he acknowledged. She gave him a sly wink before repeating the same intro to the song and not missing a single key. He really enjoyed listening to her play and wished she could finish the whole song. It felt good knowing he could actually share what he's always been so passionate about with his favorite person.

When she finished, she got up from the bench and plopped down on top of the piano like she always managed to do.

"Play the rest of the song," Avelina requested.

"Only if I receive a kiss," he said. She smiled at him before sliding down off of the piano and placing herself down onto his lap where she cupped his cheeks and embraced his lips in a kiss.