ten

[vote & comment please]

nova
"how could i have been so stupid?" i mumble
to my self.

i get out of my bed and walk out of the room, i see that taeil's door is shut and yuta is no where to be found so i'm assuming he'll be back later.

i walk over to the piano and begin to play our song. i finish playing it and then i hear a door suddenly crack open.

he walks straight pass me and into the kitchen. i begin to feel hurt because it hit me right then and there that he definitely changed. i don't know why i came all the way to seoul with a little bit of hope it was useless.

"so you're still not gonna talk to me?" i speak up but still looking down at the piano.

he doesn't answer. and at that point i was fed up. why the fuck would he kiss me? what the hell. he was literally acting so sweet to me the whole time i was here. now he wants to act like he doesn't know me.

"you know what. i don't care, i'm staying at taeyong's tonight. rather have fun my last night than be moping around."

i walk back towards my room whenever he calls out my name.

"nova." he says sternly.

i pause for a second but i don't bother turning around.

"nova, please." he says with a softer tone.

"what?" i walk back to my room and he begins to follow me.

"i'm sorry." he doesn't bother looking at me.

"yeah whatever. you have nothing to be sorry about. i'm just overreacting. it was a mistake, you know. everything. even me coming here was a mistake for christ sakes." i feel myself becoming upset.

i gather all my belongings but realize both the picture frame and yearbook are gone. i start panicking because those were the only good memories i had left and i've suddenly lost them.

"what are you looking for?" taeil asks me, sounding concerned.

"nothing. don't worry about it." i tell him.

"did you feel anything when i kissed you?" he asked me.

"nooo." i said sarcastically. "of course i did, or i wouldn't have been upset at the fact that you ignored me all day today."

"i'm sor—" he begins to say.

"t stop apologizing. you don't have to apologize for anything. i made a mistake by kissing you back. i needed to know where i stand and i obviously crossed the line." i look at him for the first time.

he then walks out of my room and stays out for a couple of minutes until he comes back with the yearbook and picture frame in his hand. i then looked at him shocked and he has tears forming in his eyes.

"i'm sorry that i can't remember you or our history. but looking by these pictures we made each other very happy."

"tae—"

"no, nova i'm sorry. after kissing you last night i felt something in my heart. i couldn't stop thinking about you. then i thought about the year book and how pages were blocked off and curiosity got the best of me."

"i like you nova, a lot. more than i should and i've only known you for a month. well from what i can remember."

"today is not the day to do this." she looks down at her phone.

"today is the day i asked you out. six years ago. i know, i heard you tell yuta." he says honestly.

i stand there dumbfounded. i don't know what i expected his reaction to be when he found out but i most definitely did not expect him to be the one to tell me about our past.