Chapter 8

Who doesn't love a midnight update? How about 2? I just updated my other book, look on my profile to check it out!
Shits about to go down 😳 #prayforriley 😂

Riley's POV

Since I no longer had to go to dance everyday, I was enjoying a lazy Sunday at Trent's apartment. "Hungry?" He called from the kitchen. He looked out to where I was laying on the couch, a blanket wrapped around my naked body as I watched the hockey game. It's like a religious thing, if you're a Canadian, you like hockey. It just exists.
"Starved. Haven't eaten since I was last here." I told him.
"That was like 24 hours ago." He frowned, walking out of the kitchen. He wore only boxers, and he had only put those on about 5 minutes ago.
"My family doesn't really care about me." I shrugged. He sighed.
"Spaghetti sound good?" He questioned, to which I nodded. He wandered back into the kitchen, starting to make our lunch while I continued to watch the game. "Would it be totally insane for me to ask you to move in here with me?" Trent called from the kitchen about 20 minutes later, instantly gaining my attention.
"Just a little." I responded, sitting up in confusion. What's he talking about?
"I just don't want you living with your parents if they aren't gonna take care of you." He told me, walking over with two bowls of pasta. He handed one to me, and I mumbled a thanks, immediately digging in. "Am I getting too protective?" He asked. I nodded, chewing my food. "I just really care about you, I don't want you being starved in your own house. It's not right. I bet I could classify it as abuse." He explained to me.
"My parents would have a cow if I moved in with you. And aren't those foster care cheques only enough to provide for one person?" I replied.
"They are, but I've never been a big eater, and you're so tiny I doubt you can even finish that bowl of pasta, despite the fact you've been starved for 24 hours. I just thought maybe it could work." He told me.
"I don't know. I mean, we aren't even dating or anything-"
"We aren't?" Trenton cut me off, looking rather amused. "Why are you having sex with me then? I never pegged you as a 'friends with benefits' type of person." He smirked.
"Well we never made anything official." I stated, making it clear to him what was going on.
"Why don't we then?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows, questioning him. "I'm serious. Let's make it official. What do you think?"
"I never pegged you as the dating type." I mocked, smiling at him. "But I guess if you want it so bad." I teased. He smirked, grabbing the bowl of food from my hands, placing it on the coffee table before climbing on top of me, kissing me roughly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Emily's POV

"What're you doing?" I inquired, watching Riley lug a suitcase down the stairs.
"I'm moving out." She answered nonchalantly. My brows furrowed as I stared at her.
"What?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. "You can't be serious. This is something 5 year olds do." I told her.
"I am serious. I'm moving in with my boyfriend." She replied.
"What boyfriend?" I asked, eyebrows raised. I know for a fact she isn't with James, so I'm genuinely interested to hear who this 'boyfriend' is.
"Trenton Macabee. Know him?" She responds. My eyes were wide as I stared at her.
"Is that who you were hanging out with yesterday?" I asked, shocked. He was one of the worst kids in our school. He was a gang leader, did drugs, drank like crazy, and there have been many rumours of him being arrested on multiple occasions.
"Yep." Riley said, only just managing to get her suitcase to the bottom of the stairs.
"Riley, mom and dad are gonna freak out when you tell them." I told her, still in disbelief she thought she was doing this.
"That's why you're telling them for me." She responded.
"What?" I questioned, confused as to why she thought I'd tell them.
"Yeah, I'm leaving now, and I'm not coming back. You're gonna tell them. Have fun!" She smirked at me, picking her suitcase up and waddling her way out the door, struggling with the weight of the thing.