~Chapter Twenty-six~

(5th September, 2002)

<Seonghwa's POV>

"Eomma, why do we have to change houses?" I asked, looking up at Eomma.

"Your Appa's new workplace is closer to our new house, that's why." Eomma smiled at me.

"Then that means I won't be able to play with Minhyukie hyung..." I pouted.

"Don't worry, you'll have new friends! One of my best friends lives there. Maybe you can become friends with her daughter."

"Daughter?"

"Hmm."

"But I don't want to be friends with a girl..."

"That's not nice, Seonghwa. You should be friends with everyone." Eomma said sternly.

"O-Ok..."
______________

(The next day)

Me and Eomma went to her best friend's house. Eomma knocked on the door. I hid behind Eomma because I felt shy.

"You shouldn't open the door Y/N, not until you can see through the eye hole. You also shouldn't open the door if there are strangers..." A lady with a little girl in her arms said as she opened the door.

I think this is Eomma's best friend...?

"But we're not strangers, are we Chae?" Eomma giggled.

"Of course not! Where's your little one?" Aunt Chae asked as she put the girl down.

I hid behind Eomma more.

"Hwa, come on. Don't be shy, there's a pretty girl who's your age!" She said as I slowly stepped out behind Eomma and stood beside her.

"Seonghwa, how are you?" Aunt Chae bent down a little and asked me

"I-I'm fine." I stuttered out.

"Let's go sit in the living room." Aunt Chae said, leading me and Eomma into the TV room.

"Eomma, when are we going to eat the cookies?" The girl asked.

She's pretty cute...

"Oh right! I forgot about the cookies!" Aunt Chae said before running off to the kitchen to get them.

The cute girl sat down on the couch.

"Y/N, can you play with Seonghwa? He's a bit shy but you'll be great friends with him, right?" Eomma asked her.

She nodded while smiling as Aunt Chae brought the cookies.

"Wow, they smell good, don't they, Hwa?" Eomma asked as I nodded.

"They taste good too..." I said as I took a bite from a cookie.

"Do you wanna play hide and seek with me, Tteonghwa?" Y/N got up from the couch and asked me cutely.

The way she said my name made me feel something in my stomach. Like butterflies!!

That's a good feeling, right? Or am I going to have a tummy ache??

I got up from the couch as we played rock paper scissors to decide who would hide and who would seek. The loser would seek.

She lost. So she would have to find me.

"I'll count to 20!" She shouted before turning to the nearest wall and started counting.

"Ok!" I said as I quickly looked for a place to hide.

I went under the dining table and sat with my knees up to my chest.

A few seconds later, the tablecloth was going up!

"Found you, Tteonghwa!" She pointed to me as I got up.

"So quickly?" I whined.

"Now you count!" She said and I started counting.

After I finished counting, I went to look for her. I looked everywhere. The living room, the kitchen, the dining room, even the bathroom! But then I decided to go into her room.

I looked behind the door, under the table and the bed but I still couldn't find her.

Then I went up to her closet. I opened the doors but I fell to the floor with Y/N on top of me!

"Oh no! I'm sorry! Are you okay??" She panicked, quickly getting off me.

"Kinda, I just hurt my head and my back..." I rubbed my head.

"Should I call your Eomma?"

I slowly nodded. Then she went downstairs.

Maybe having a girl as a friend isn't that bad...

I did hurt myself but she didn't hurt me on purpose. She's just clumsy and cute!
_______________________________

That day I made 7 more friends! And the best part? They were all boys!

One of them was a cute little baby named Jongho. I heard he breaks apples with his tiny hands!

There was a boy my age. His name was Hungjong, I think? But Y/N calls him Joongie. And he's a bit short. But he's nice and cool!

There were 5 boys who were the same age. They were Yeosang with the birthmark, Yunho the teddy bear, Wooyoung the Elmo, Sannie who had a plushie named Shiber and Mingi who was tall.

I'm glad I made new friends!
____________________________

A/N: Y'all, the votes are tied...