Ch.2

Soon Alchemy became Suga's favorite class.

The day would start in the great hall. The smell of coffee and sugar floated around in the air. A low murmur of conversations made the hall feel crowded.

Suga didn't really eat breakfast. He never had an appetite in the morning, and it always surprised him how much Makki and Teru could eat.

After finishing his 3rd cup of coffee. Suga found himself staring at the Gryffindor table a lot more often.

He also found Oikawa staring at him more often.

"What?" He asked after glancing back to Oikawa and noticing his eyes were trained on his face.

"Nothing" Oikawa hummed but his eyes said something different.

"Whatever I have to get to class"

Getting up, Suga walked out of the hall.

The walk to Alchemy was relatively short, but Suga took a shortcut.

Well, it didn't make the walk shorter. It made the path to Alchemy longer, but he did pass by the Gryffindor common room.

Every few minuets, a Gryffindor would pop out from behind a painting. Suga strained trying to see if he could find Daichi's anywhere in the crowd.

He gasped as a hand grabbed his shoulder and pushed up against a nearby wall. Looking up, he came face to face with a tall Gryffindor.

"What's a pretty little Slytherin like you doing so far away from the dungeons?" He asked.

Suga felt his breath hit him in the face. Trying not to panic, Suga sank against the wall making himself smaller.

"Hey hey hey! What's going on here!" A vaguely familiar voice yelled behind him.

The shadow lifted from Suga's face, as he felt the hand that was holding his shoulder let go.

Now, he was face to face with Daichi. He felt a pair of hands grip his shoulders but they weren't controlling. More, comforting.

"Hey, are you okay?" He said. His voice was warm and soft.

"Yeah, I'm better now thanks" Suga said, straightening up on the wall.

Checking his watch he cried, "oh crap I have to go!"

Without even a goodbye, Suga started off down the hall. He wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings, but looked up when he felt someone fall in step next to him.

"Oh hey Kuroo"

"Hey Suga" he said. Looking down he squinted. "Aren't the Slytherin common rooms closer to class? Why were you over by our room?"

Crap, Suga had to make up a lie and fast.

"Umm, I dropped something in the hall the other day and I wanted to see if it was still there" he lied.

"Oh," he said, looking confused he asked, "Couldn't you have just asked a prefect?"

"I am a prefect idiot" Suga said, pointing to the pin on his robes.

"My bad" Kuroo chuckled. "I wanted to be a prefect, but it turns out the school doesn't trust someone who accidentally burned down the kitchen"

Suga laughed. He remembered that.

A couple years ago, someone tried to bake cookies at 3 in the morning without supervision. They ended up making a fire, and burnt down half the kitchen. From that day on, students weren't allowed in the kitchen without permission.