Chapter Three: OH MY GOD

"So, you may be wondering where we're going." Lilah just looked at Melody as she spoke, with a "duh" expression written on her face. It was 6 P.M. and after a long day, Lilah was kind of tired. She didn't let it show because she didn't want to put a kink in her best friend's plans.

"Well," Melody started, "I've been kinda talking to this guy online, and he said he's visiting the city this weekend for work, so I thought I'd go meet him! Oh, and I didn't want to get kidnapped or anything so I brought you with me!"

Lilah just stared at Melody, dumbfounded. There was 10 seconds of silence before Lilah just started breaking out in laughter. Melody joined her. "You're not mad?" Melody asked.

"Why would I be mad? I mean I'm sort of mad because it takes 2 hours to get to the city and I'm tired, but let's go catch this catfish!"

"He is NOT a catfish." Melody said. "Here look at his profile!" Lilah reached for her friend's phone. "You have Tinder and everything?" Lilah questioned. She was very confused because her friend could have any guy she wanted. Hot guys too!

"I decided I wanted to stay away from college boys. I need a man, or I'm just bored. We'll see after I really meet him ya know, he could be a creep."

"So, a catfish." Lilah stated. Melody grunted angrily at her pestering friend. After Melody told her how to navigate the app, Lilah found his profile. His name was Fletcher Mars, and he was from New York City! "He's from New York!" Lilah cheered. "Now I don't care if he's a catfish, I love him!" Melody laughed at her friend's remark.

Lilah kept examining the profile. He was a pretty good-looking guy. His profile said he was a sound technician/stage manager. Lilah thought he was quite the catch. He had light brown hair and green eyes. Totally Melody's type. He was slim and... Lilah's thoughts were halted when one of his pictures was with the one and only Julian Casablancas.

They had their arms around one another and were holding beers in their spare hands. It looked like they were wasted out of their mind.

"OH MY GOD!" Lilah screamed. Melody jumped and attempted to stay in control of the car. "What are you do? Trying to kill us?"

Lilah couldn't say anything except "ohmygodohmygodohmygod..."

"Snap out of it! What the hell are you doing? Tell me!" Melody was starting to get aggravated with her friend. Her nerves were already bad enough.

"Do-uh you-ou know what Julian looks like?" is all Lilah could muster out.

"I mean a little, I can sorta see his face in my mind. I don't look at him all the time like you do weirdo! What are you bugging about?"

"Well it's just because he is in one of the pictures with your catfish!" Lilah was shocked.

Melody didn't think it was that big of a deal. Lilah showed her the picture at a red light and she could barely recall seeing it. "He probably met him through work. He does that stuff for concerts or whatever." Melody tried her best to calm her friend down.

Lilah understood what her friend was saying. However, something didn't seem right to her. They looked more comfortable than people who had just met. Lilah said something that made her and Melody think, "What if they are friends, like good friends?"

-------------

Author's Note: I'm bored today, so i'll just keep writing. I hope you're enjoying. What do you think of Mr. Mars? Is he a catfish? Is Julian his REAL friend? I will upload soon. Much love xx

-L