Chapter six: He's the Drummer

The three made it to Atlanta at around midnight. Melody had fallen asleep a few times, but Lilah was wide awake. She was extremely excited, but very nervous. She had other favorite bands, and tons of celebrity crushes like any other teenage girl would. However, she just connected with their music more than anything ever before. Fletch arranged a hotel room for Lilah and Melody, and he was in the neighboring room. Lilah insisted she'd pay him back but he kept saying, "no worries."

The girls got settled into their beds after Melody kissed Fletcher goodnight. Lilah was very happy for her friend; she was just scared they were moving too fast. Melody had said they'd talked for 2 months before meeting at Blue Ice, but Lilah was scared that her friend might be falling too soon.

Lilah's thoughts drifted to Julian, and she fell asleep.

The next morning, Lilah woke up at 11:00 AM. She usually woke earlier, so she thought she slept in. Her eyes looked at the unfamiliar room. Then reality struck, Julian. The Strokes. She's seeing The Strokes today. Oh, and it's her birthday. She looked at her best friend who was still fast asleep. Lilah could hear her friend's small snores as she began to get ready. She really didn't know what the plan was for today. She just knew the concert started at 7:30.

Lilah walked into the bathroom and began to shower. The hot water matched her body heat, as her nerves started to kick in. "Be cool, Delilah," she said to herself. She exited the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. She usually did her makeup in a towel or robe, so her clothes wouldn't be ruined. She forgot her robe at the dorm so a towel would have to do. She opened the bathroom door to find Melody sitting awake on her phone. "Happy Birthday love of my life. Soul sister. Best friend. Best Dee. The Delilah Sage Wilson herself!"

Melody sprung to her feet and hugged Lilah as hard as she could. "Ew, you're wet."

Lilah laughed at her newly awakened friend, "Thanks baby, and to be a redhead, you sure act like a blonde sometimes."

Melody playfully hit her friends arm and sat back down to her original spot on the bed. Lilah sat down in front of the mirror on the floor after grabbing her makeup bag.

"So, what's the plan today?" Lilah asked.

Mel scooted closer in the direction of her friend. "Fletch said he'd text me when he woke up to let us know. I know that we have to be at the venue at 6:00 to help set up or whatever."

"So, we're part of the sound team?"

"Looks like it, Lilah. Maybe this was his plan all along. To hire hot servants to help with his work."

Delilah laughed as she blended in her foundation.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower. Don't miss me too much," Melony teased as she went into the bathroom. Lilah takes about 2 hours to get ready, while Melody takes about 45 minutes. An hour if she's trying, but that was the thing about Melody. She had effortless beauty, while Delilah thought she had to work on hers.

Delilah did a black smokey eye with a nude lip gloss. It wasn't too much, she thought, but it was enough. Melody got out of the shower and began doing her usual routine of concealer and mascara. While she brought the brush to her eye, her phone buzzed, causing her to streak black on the side of her cheek.

Lilah burst out laughing and Melody through her concealer at her. "Is that loverboy?" Lilah asked as she composed herself.

"It is. He says, He'll be ready in 30. Blah blah blah. He's in Fab's room right now. Blah blah blah. We will go for lunch at 3. Blah blah blah. And he misses me, awh."