Chapter Ten: Goodnight Delilah

The plane landed. Lilah slept most of the time. When she woke, Fab kept teasing her about her snoring. Lilah had been told she snores in her sleep by multiple people. She also had been caught talking, and even called people in her sleep.

Lilah and Fab took a cab to the hotel they'd be staying at. Lilah had visited Los Angeles before, but she still stared in awe out the window.

Fab said Ryan, their manager, was waiting on them in the lobby. He wanted to talk to Lilah about the internship, and also to sort where she'd be staying.

They soon arrived. Sure enough, Ryan was seated in the lobby staring at his phone. "Hey man. This is Lilah."

"Hey Lilah. Fab go on up. We'll meet ya up there," Ryan said and patted him on the shoulder.

Fab looked at Lilah to make sure she was okay. She gave him a reassuring smile and he went towards the elevator.

"Hi, Ryan. I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity. Did you receive my transcript?"

"Oh, yeah I did. Impressive. I just wanted to talk to you alone for a minute. I'm guessing Fab told you about your responsibilities, so I'm going to skip that part. I know that you're young, but you need to take charge with these guys. It is hard to be their friend and manager at the same time, but you have to make sure it balances out. Remember, you have a job to do..." Lilah nodded as Ryan kept talking, "These guys are great, but they're also a pain in my ass, and soon they will be in yours."

"I think I can handle it," Lilah said confidently. "We will see about that Lilah, but I like your confidence." Ryan felt good about her. He thought he could trust her, but he never knows what shape the guys will be in.

"One more thing. We don't take a tour bus, well we do, but it's more like a van. We fly and sleep in hotels. You can choose to bunk with Julian, Nikolai, and Fab, or me, Nick, and Albert. Usually, I'd try to get you your own room, but this tour is costing more than we expected. The guys aren't allowed to switch rooms, they already agreed." Ryan laughed and waited on you to answer.

Lilah wasn't going to let Julian get between her and her only friend on this tour. "I'll go with Julian, Nikolai, and Fab."

Fab had already took her bags with him. Ryan and Lilah rode in the elevator as he spoke, "That means you're in room 912."

Ryan dropped her off at the door and she thanked him before he went to open his door at 913.

She knocked slightly. They must have the room keys, because Ryan didn't hand her one. She was suddenly nervous at her appearance. She shook it off and whispered, "Be cool Delilah."

Nikolai opened the door. "Long time no see, miss."

Lilah smiled at him and said hello. This was the first time he spoke directly to her. He stepped aside to let her by.

"I see you chose correctly," Fab said and winked at her.

She didn't see Julian. Maybe he was in the bathroom, she thought.

"Fab, no need to flirt. You got what you wanted, I'm already here," she said dramatically as he pretended to faint.

Nikolai laughed and said, "if you guys keep doing that, I might actually quit the band."

Fab blew a kiss to him. They reminded Lilah of her and Melody. She missed her. She made a mental note to call her later.

"Come on Lilah, I'll show you your room."

Lilah didn't care that she had to share a hotel room. The rooms were more like suites. They had 2 bedrooms and a couch that folded out into a bed.