Chapter 15: Delilah I Adore

Julian stared at Lilah wide-eyed. He couldn't believe how bold she was being, as she nearly fainted when he touched her earlier. Lilah was going to get back at him, play at him too. He just didn't realize it yet.

Lilah got down on her knees in front of him and tied her hair up. Julian was about to unbutton his pants when she yelled, "found it!"

Lilah rose from her position and showed him the makeup brush she had in her hand that was on the floor. "Oh, you thought..." Lilah giggled as Julian's face grew red.

"Save that excitement for the show tonight rockstar," Lilah patted him on the shoulder as she left the bathroom.

Julian was angry, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time. Maybe she's not so bad, he thought to himself.

-----------

Everyone was backstage. Lilah counted every band member 10 times over. Julian had consumed two beers and she had to cut him off. She told him, "Enough for you to have fun, but we don't want you to ruin it for me, do we?"

He knew she was being sarcastic because he did in fact want her gone. However, he thought it was nice having her around for the band's sake.

"Okay," Lilah started addressing everyone, "this show is going to be filmed. For what? I don't know. Still, make this performance one of your best. Like T in the Park best." They all laughed because sometimes they forgot how big of a fan she was.

"Sorry, but that was one of your best live shows," Lilah laughed at the band.

"We were shitfaced, Lilah." Fab stated.

She gave him a glare. "Learn how to be that good sober, and I'll give you a gold star."

He rolled his eyes at her, but blew her a kiss.

"Okay, now that superfan has had her spill, can we go on now?" Julian asked.
Lilah smiled. That was the first time he'd acknowledged her as something other than a bitch or just Delilah.

"You have five minutes, lovelies." Lilah said as she peeked onto the stage. The openers were just about done with their last song. Lilah wasn't familiar with who they were. Her mind was elsewhere.

Fab, Nick, Nikolai, and Albert all walked out onto the dark stage to start the show. She thought a few fans saw them because of the screams she heard as they entered their places.

The instrumental for Bad Decisions started as the lights came on. That was Julian's cue. He let out a deep breath, "A kiss for good luck?" He asked, looking at Lilah. Before she could muster out any kind of response, he was walking on stage.

"Ugh, jerk." Lilah said aloud as Julian began the song.

----------

The show was going smooth. The music was amazing, and Lilah was trying not to get lost in the excitement. Julian was interacting with the crowd, which is something he sometimes struggles with. She could tell he was really trying, and that made her happy.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a "Hey" from behind her.

She turned around. It was a very tall, brunette man standing there.

"Um, Hi." Lilah stammered. He was very her type.

"Show's going great isn't it? Oh, I'm with the openers by the way. I dunno if you saw me. I'm the drummer." He rubbed the back of his neck. Was he nervous, Lilah questioned?

"Oh hey, yeah. It's going better than I expected. I'm with The Strokes. Their manager's intern, to be more specific. You guys sounded awesome by the way, well from what I've heard. I've been pretty busy." Lilah looked up at him.

"Oh, that's cool. Never heard of a job like that. If our manager had an intern like you, I'd get distracted."

He was flirting. Lilah didn't know how to act. "Um, thanks..." Lilah said as she looked back onto the stage.

Brooklyn Bridge To Chorus started to finish as the show came to a close. Lilah and the mystery drummer were standing in view of the stage.

Lilah's body went into shock as changed lyrics left Julian's mouth. Instead of singing his ex's name in the song, he sang, "Delilah, I adore..."

Lilah couldn't fathom what he just said. "Who the hell is Delilah?" The drummer asked, confused as well.

"That, um. That would be me." Lilah answered as she left to go into the dressing room.