A thought

Mom!”

Yes son

“Where’s my Tiffin box! I’m getting late”

It’s on the table, on your left

And keeping the Tiffin box into the bag I ran as if a storm was behind me.

Yeah, I wanted to avoid a good scold from the teacher by reaching the school on time.

Roll number 3, Ria

  “Present sir

Roll number 4, Yen

Present sir

Roll number 5, Daniel

No response

(Again)

"where is Daniel” asked Mr. Hughes stretching his short neck up and looking for me.

Here sir, present...

And he pulled down his spectacles and turned right in the direction of the call. There I stood, near the door, taking deep breaths and seemed as if I was barely even breathing, wiping my forehead with a napkin.

Mr. Daniel, what brings you this early to the class?

“I’m sorry sir"

“Go and take your seat”

I went to the seat and found Gracy sitting beside me today. Gracy’s a good enemy of mine. She is the only one I keep on fighting with. Black hair with shades of brown and a fair skin. The smell of her scent kept on seeking my attention towards her.

“What made her sit next to me today”, I wondered.

She didn’t even look at me. And I’d started getting some unusual thoughts.

I looked forward to my right and saw Riya winking at me and making teasing expressions to me. I turned to my left and saw Yen doing the same thing. I literally got a feeling of stabbing them and then putting them in a coffin.

Riya and Yen are the best friends of mine. They are the only one I can trust with my deepest secrets. I was just waiting for the period to get over. Till then I had to adjust sitting next to that witch.

After half an hour, the bell rings.
As soon as the teacher left, everyone ran out of the class. Riya and Yen came running and sat around me. I quickly turned to Gracy and asked her giving her a frowned expression,

“Why did you sit here today?”

“Well, I’m not at all interested, but I too came a bit late today”

“So?” I asked

“So, when I arrived, I saw a girl sitting on my bench. And you’re the only person in the class who sits alone, so I had no option other than sitting beside you.”

I took a look at her bench, it was empty. I turned to Yen and asked him,
You have any idea who she was?”
And he replied,

No, looks like she’s a new admission. She has grey hair, blue eyes and wore specs

Hmm” and I kept on staring and wondering who could it be.

I suddenly got a thought and I raised my eyebrows with my eyes wide open,

Is it her?!!”