The Concern

When the sun poured through my windows in the Sunday morning, I rolled over with a groan. Everything was sore, and I felt like I had only gotten a few hours of sleep.

My alarm went off, but I let it screech for a moment as I tried to remember why I was so tired. Yesterday’s night was too long, everything came rushing back to me and I slapped my clock off angrily.

Getting out of my bed was the last thing I wanted to do, but I let my bare feet on the cold floor and set my way towards the bathroom.

After having a fresh bath, I went straight down for breakfast. Mom seemed quite as if she was lost in a deep thought. I snapped my fingers and brought her to reality.

“What’s wrong mom?” I asked.

She looked at me with a confused glare but then she raised her eyebrows.

“Who was that boy I’d invited that day?” she asked after taking a sip of coffee from her cup.

I didn’t want to answer her, as it would make her worry more about me. Things were already going too rough and telling her about him would make it more difficult for us to take any action.

“He was an old friend of mine.” I said giving her a smile. “I don’t think you should worry about him.”

And she nodded agreeing to it and picked up the dishes and took it to the kitchen.

I sighed in relief.

I went back took my room and jumped on the bed and just laid on it, gasping at the ceiling. I just wanted to lay in the bed with a peaceful mind, but the current situation kept on haunting me.

Yen was the only member of our group who had no idea what was going on. I was just worried about him.

I picked up my phone and dialed a call to Ria.

“Hello”

Hey Dany, good morning!

“Yeah, good morning.” I said with a bit low voice. “Umm Ria, would you mind if you could come at my home today?”

Anything serious?”

”No, actually I just wanted to discuss about Bruce’s matter.” I said. “I hope you won’t be busy.”

Yeah sure, I’ll be there in a moment.” She said. I cut the call after saying goodbye. I sighed and reached out for the bag which was on my study table. I removed the book from it and started reading a few spells until she would arrive.

I heard a knock on my door knowing it was her. My mom opened the door.

“Welcome dear.” She invited with a very polite tone, keeping a smile on her face.

“Hello, Mrs. O’Conner.” She greeted back.

I went down rushing and stood beside her.

“Hey, happy Sunday” I greeted and brought her in. she greeted back as mom closed the door.

“Umm… mom I’d called Ria for some work. It’s something important, so I hope you won’t mind.” I asked.

“Sure son, why would I mind?” she said with a quit a laugh. “You guys can work as long as you wish too.” She said, approving.

Ria followed me as I went upstairs.

“Welcome to my small bedroom.” I said, with an awkward smile just showing the teeth.

“Aww its nice.” She said, pouting.

We sat on the bed and I handed over the book in her hand. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the book sparkling.

“Woow its amazing.” She said, dropping her jaw.

“Yeah.”

“So, you thought of any plan?” she asked, turning the book cover.

“Well to be honest. I haven’t.” I said, scratching my head. “That’s why I’ve called you here so that we could discuss about it together.”

“Ok, so where should we start from?” she asked.

“Well, you know we both are the only person who knows about this matter. But contrasting the view on Yen, do you think he should be knowing about this too?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and raised her head to think about it.

“Dany, we’ve seen and heard a lot about Julia. Do you think Yen will be able to control his emotions after getting to know that all this time he was roaming with a Vamp-witch.” She said, raising her eyebrows.

Well she was right about it. Yen is an emotional guy and after knowing about Julia he would hardly be able to bear its pain.

“But talking about Bruce, we have no idea, what he might do in future.” I said, trying to convince her. “I do not want ending up losing any of our friend. As I’ve already lost one.” I said, remembering that sad day.

“You’re right Dany, I guess we should try telling him about this, ignoring his feelings or thinking of the future consequences.” She said agreeing to my words.

“That’s perfect then, I want you to call him and tell him to come over.”

She nodded and took out her phone from her pocket and dialed his number. She kept on doing this twice and thrice changing her expressions each time.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Its saying that, he’s out of network.” She said, with a sense of concern reflecting on her face.

“Out of network?” I asked, being extremely confused as this was the first time ever happening.

“I guess he must have gone out.” She said, keeping her phone back in her pocket. “Yeah” I said, agreeing to her.
Then we turned back to the book and I started explaining her the meanings of those spells. She took them up and memorized it quite quickly.

After completing the part of simple spells, I told her to take a break. But she still seemed to memorize the spells in her mind. It’s just that her lips moved, without producing any sound. I looked back down in the book, trying to find a useful spell.
And I shot my eyebrows up, as I’d found something that could be the end of this entire situation.

“Ok, so now I guess we should talk about the plan that I’ve got in my mind right now.” I said, turning up and looking at her.

“Ok” she said folding her legs and being comfortable enough to concentrate on my plan.

As I explained her the plan, her eyes opened wide and she looked at me in a shocked face.

I knew that would happen.

After I completed explaining her the plan, she sat up straight with the same expression on her face.

“Are you sure, Dany?” she asked. “I don’t think it’s a good idea. This could end up taking a life.” She continued. Her voiced had the concern as she was worried about the things that might happen after the plan was executed.

I went closer to her and placed my hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes.

“Ria, you’ll have to trust me. I’ve got no options left now.” I said. She nodded agreeing to it as her eyes filled in tears.

“We don---..” and my phone rang, cutting off my words.

It was Julia.

I instantly clicked the green button and placed the phone on speaker.

D-Dany its Julia.” She said. Her voice crumbled with fear, not sounding good at all. Ria raised her head and looked at me signaling that something was wrong.

“Julia, what happened?” I spoke louder. If Julia seemed afraid, then something was surely bad. And that would create a big problem for me.

And she spoke….

It’s about Yen” she said, in the same tone. Me and Ria looked at each other with a frightful expression, worrying about him at the same time.

He’s been taken away by BRUCE!” she shot.