Tension

Mom?” I called her.

She gave no response and was just staring at me. She did not even move a muscle. It seemed as if she was paralyzed at her place.

What did you do to her?” I turned to Bruce and asked him, grinding my teeth in full aggression.

Ahh Nothing friend, I’ve just spelled her with compulsion.” He said with a smirk on his face.

Mrs. O’Conner is too generous to invite me in.” he said, keeping the smirk on his face.

He stood up from the sofa and approached towards me. His green eyes turned red, craving for hunger. He had his eyes furrowed at me. I was just stood confident in front of him, being ready to face him at the moment.

He brought his mouth near my ears and said softly,

I know Julia must have told you everything about me. But I’m just hungry and I need to feed on to sowmeone right now.

And he backed off slowly giving a hissing sound. I just stood there looking in his eyes and was expressionless. He walked towards the door and I watched him as he was going. Before leaving the door, he turned back

I’ll find the book soon.” And he winked and turned back to the door and left in a blink of an eye.

I turned back to my mom and saw her on the floor.

Mom!” I screamed and picked her up and placed her on the sofa. I held her face in my hands and was confused what to do. I was looking around the hall and saw a bottle kept on the dining table. I quickly rushed towards the table and bought he bottle. I was shaking as chills ran through my spine I quickly opened the cap and sprinkled some water on her face.

There was no response at first, but then she shook her face.

Thank god

She looked at me with a surprised face and saw herself lying on the sofa. She rose up slowly as I helped her, holding her arms.

What had happened to me?” she asked, rubbing her head.

Nothing, you just fainted” I said looking at face with guilt. As I could do nothing to help her.

I guess you should take some rest.” I continued. And held her arm and walked her towards the bedroom. She sat on bed and then laid down, spreading her legs in comfort. I half of her body with the blanket placed beside her.

I had my lunch and rushed back to my room. I took the book out of the bad and glared at it. I had to protect it at any cost. I knew he would come back for this book.

I kept if beside me and slept.

Next day in lunch break

Witch! Vampires! And what not. I guess there must be much more!” I growled at Julia.

I’d almost lost my mom yesterday!” I continued.

She kept her face down with a pitiful expression on her face. I could see that she could feel the pain in her even though she was immortal and had no humanities left I her.

I’m sorry Dany. I didn’t have any intentions of hurting you and your family.” She said, as her eyes filled with tears.

I came to you with a hope that you would help me get out of this situation as no one else would believe on me.” She continued.

I looked at her face as tears rolled down her cheeks. I could understand her pain as she looked at me with such a guilty face. What could a mortal guy do anymore? After all I was a human who stands with limited powers. But seeing her broken from inside I could bear her pain. And I took her face in my hands.

Look at me Julia.” And she turned her face to me.

I know how it feels to be chased. No matter whatever happens, we’ll have to place that beast out of our path now. I promise to help you as much as I can.

As I looked in her eyes, I could see her confidence regaining back. I wiped her tears from her face.

Julia, I Lo---” and was interrupted by the bell. Everyone rushed to their classrooms and I placed my hand on her back and accompanied her to the classroom.

No matter whatever happens, I’ll have to help her at any cost. After all I had to free her from the dark souls. I kept thinking of a plan, ignoring the lectures. Until I’d got one in my mind.

After the bell for the last class, I hissed at Ria, trying to gain her attention. And she looked back looking at me with a question mark on her face. I gave her the signals to meet me after the class was over.

She nodded her face, understanding it and gave a smile.

After surviving another half lecture, the bell rang and the class was