Buckle Up

“Why did it have to be Yen?” asked Ria.

“Julia’s a vamp-witch and you’re here with me. So I guess he had no option than taking on Yen with him.”

Ria was still in mere confusion, but her expressions were changing into expressions of concern. But we were quite sure that Bruce wouldn’t have any intention of hurting Yen as he just needs the book.

“Today one of us is gonna stay alive.” I said as anger raged like hell outta me.

“Pack the book in the bag and I hope you’ve memorized the important spells quite well.” I continued.

“Yeah, don’t worry you can rely on me for that.” She said, winking her eye.

I went down and brought my cross-bow made of wood, which I’d prepared a few days ago.

“Hey, when did you make that?” asked Ria. She was astonished seeing a cross-bow in my hand. She came closer and swayed her hands lightly on it.

“May I?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure.”

She picked up the cross-bow and viewed at every angle. The silver handle and the finished wood design with strong strings attached to it which made it look quite dangerous. She nodded her head giving me an appreciation for my work.

“It’s too heavy.” She said.

“I know. Just prepared it a few days ago. I hope it proves to be useful for a puncture in Mr. Bruce’s heart.” I said, giving her a smirk.

“Well, it’s time to roll out.” I continued.

I pulled out my phone as it was Julia’s call.

“Hey Dany, where are you right now?” she asked.

“Julia, don’t worry about me, I’m on my way to deal with Bruce.”

“But any idea where that douche bag might have taken him?”

“Where it all started, Dany.”

“Got it.”

And I cut the call. I was quite confident about the place and it was time to end this now.

I grabbed my car keys and we stormed out of the house. I opened the door of the car and sat it, reviving the engine. Ria was standing on the door steps, seeming paralyzed.

“Hey! Do you need an invitation?” I called out, popping my head out of the window.

“Yeah, I’m coming.” She said. And she came running.

“C’mon climb in.”

She opened the door and made herself comfortable on the seat.

“Buckle up!” I said, rolling my hands on the steering as I revived the engine constantly.