It's Time

We all rushed to the spot and saw the child laid under the tree. The whole area behind the school was like a jungle due to which no students were allowed to go there. Mr. Rick stood there shocked and paralysed when he saw the child. He sat down on his knees and put his fingers on her neck to check her pulse.

She’s alive! Call the ambulance quick! Make no delay.” Said Mr. Rick. Damu quickly rushed to the principal’s office and made a call. In no time the entire school gathered there. Teachers were crying, her friends couldn’t believe and were in great paranoia.

I stood aside keeping my hands folded to the chest. I felt a head touching my shoulder.

Whoa! hey hey Ria control yourself. She’s alive, not dead” and I grabbed her and made her sit under a tree. Ria couldn’t bear watching blood and she would faint in such situations. I don’t know how will she help me. As this was just the beginning and there is lot more to come ahead.

I couldn’t see Julia there. But I knew where she would be. I called Yen and told him to sit near Ria and take care of her.

I quickly rushed to the third floor and found her there.

Just stop whatever you’re doing. I do not want the earlier situations in this school too.

The ambulance had arrived. They were taking the child to the hospital and Mr. Rick joined them too.

I turned back to Julia. She was wiping the blood from her lips with her thumb. It seemed she was seducing me.

Well, I was thirsty. The blood wasn’t that bad. Fresh and warm.” And she winked at me.

“Julia please, do no harm to the innocent kids of this school. It’s just you and me.  Just stay away from those kids.”

“Then come back to me” she said with a smirk.

You know I can’t.”

“Then I’m sorry I can’t help myself. You’ll be seeing this every day.”

“what about Yen? Why are you controlling him?”

“He likes me. And every human nature has that feeling. If not you, then its him.”

“You better stay away from my friends. Last time i'd let you go. But this time I’ll surely put you to death.”

“Hahahahah” and she was laughing like a beast.

Last time I was weak and every year I kept growing stronger. And it’s been two years. What do you expect now?”

“Julia, all that was a mistake. You got to have a control on your body, your spirit.”

“stop advising me” and she frowned.

By the way Halloween is arriving, we’ll have some fun. I guess for now you should take care of your girlfriend, Ria.

She winked at me and left.

Girlfriend?” I was confused.

Time wasn’t going good. The teachers and students were still in depression. I went and sat beside Ria. Yen stood up from there and rushed to Julia as he saw her. Ria was still unconscious. I saw a pipe leaking. I took the water and sprinkled it on her face. She opened her eyes and started wiping her face.

I sighed and sat down beside her.

What had happened to me?”

“Nothing, you just fainted”

“Oh yeah, the blood stuff.

I leaned my back and head to tree and just looked at the sky, hoping to get a way to stop all this.

Hey, Dany” she spoke in a soft voice and placed her arm on my shoulder. And I looked at her.

what’s the matter? What are you thinking?”

“Ria, do you believe in spirits?” I asked.

I’ve just read about it in books. But I don’t believe in them eventually. But why are you asking this.”

I looked into her eyes and spoke,

Ria listen, I want to talk to you about something important. And I guess IT’S TIME that you should know about it too.”

About what?”

“After the school is over, just come with me.”

“Ok

The bell rang and everyone went back to their classes. Periods kept on changing but the teachers were in no mood of teaching, nor were the students in the mood of learning. Everyone was just waiting for the principal’s call. It was the last period and Damu came in running.

There is good news! Our student survived and she’s resting fine.

After listening to this, everyone sighed in relief and then clapped showing their  happiness. I too was relieved after listening to that news.    
Soon the bell rang and everyone started leaving the classroom. I looked at Ria and nodded my head, showing a sign to come with me.

We left the school and went to a nearby garden. As we were about to sit on the bench, I saw Clive coming in our direction. He was the bully of our class and spared no person in bullying. I grabbed Ria’s hand and walked away from that garden. I kept on walking faster in order to stay away from being spotted.

Walk slowly Dany, what happened?”

“Don’t look back. Clive’s coming in our direction.

We somehow managed to get away from there. And I brought her to my home.

Why did you bring me at your home?”

“I guess this would be the safest place to talk.”

I didn’t take her inside, instead we sat on a bench which was kept our small garden. I took her hand in my hand and started speaking.

Ok Ria, listen. Now I am going to tell you something which would be hard for you to believe But it’s the truth. I kept it hidden from you since the past two years.”

And I started.