Chapter Eleven: 4 O'clock

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter Eleven:

4 O'clock

-...-

The group of eight had gotten down to the basement pretty quickly. Jerome and Mitch lead the group to the wooden door, and just for show, Mitch showed them how the door would not break down no matter what. Sure, dust flew everywhere, but what was about to happen seemed promising, and so nobody really cared.

“Hurry up and unlock it!” Bodil pushed forward. Everyone was on edge.

Jerome did as told and a click was heard from the door. With a push, the door flew open, and the smell of the outside world nearly made Jerome pass out. But it wasn't the outside world. A tunnel, a dirt tunnel to be exact. And thought it started dark and took a sharp turn to the right, a hint of light came from the other side.

“Come on!” Mitch grinned and was the first to step forward.

“Be careful, still!” Ian replied.

The group walked forward, some more willing then others to explore. When they turned the corner, it appeared that the light was hidden by one more turn. They went forward and forward.

“Ugh.” Ty nearly tripped on a lone root that was sticking from the ground. He glared at it, but then continued on when Sky pulled him onward.

Finally reaching the end of the tunnel, it stopped with a wide area. There was hole in the ceiling at the top, and a ladder. You could clearly see the outside world. Grass, trees, the beautiful blue sky. Some stood in awe.

“AHHHAHAH!” Bodil laughed. “IT'S FREEDOM!”

“We can escape!” Sky joined in on the happiness.

“I can't believe th-this.” Seto even gazed at the ladder.

“Come on! What are we waiting for!” Ty said, stepping forward, towards the ladder.

“We need to go get Tyler and Brice!” Mitch said.

“Wait! Ty!” Seto gasped.

Ty had begun to climb the ladder already. It was understandable his want to be free, but they still needed to get Brice and Tyler, and if one person escaped, the another would want to leave now, and nobody would be able to look after for the Oni. There was a crack.

“Ty! Be careful!” Jerome shouted, worried by the sound.

“Don worry about it!” Ty shouted back, but then there was another crack.

“TY!” Sky shouted.

Ty took another step, and that was it. The ladder snapped and crumbled apart, and Ty fell to the dirt floor with a thump. He groaned in pain and Ian and Jerome stepped forward to help him up. Seto and Mitch stared at what was left of the ladder, which was too high up for anybody to reach. Nobody could stand on another shoulders to reach it, and it was probably soo weak that if Seto used his magic, it would break too.