Chapter Sixteen: The Rise and Fall of an Alliance

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter Sixteen:

The Rise and Fall of an Alliance.

-...-

Mitch couldn't help but twist and turn in his sleep. Images flashed in his head. He was in the green room downstairs. The odd picture hung on the wall, calling for him with the voice of a ghost. Mitch's eyes wondered around the room and then he noticed the corners were a dark purple. A fog came from the corners, and it wrapped around his legs.

Mitch stumbled back onto his butt, gasping as he almost fell into the fog. He then heard a knocking, and tick tocking, and scrambled back onto his feet. His head turned to the closet in the back of the room. There was a knocking. Like some person was on the other side, wanting to be let in. Mitch slowly walked towards it, each step putting pain onto his foot. It felt as though his shoes were being clawed at.

Mitch made his way to the closet, and the knocking stopped. Mitch waited for it to return, but it did not. So he grabbed at the closet door, and slid it open. A foul smell escaped from the closet, making Mitch caught and hack. When Mitch calmed down, he looked inside the closet, only to be frightened by what he saw. A body. A body with familiar clothing and hair, but yet turned so that he couldn't see their face. Brown hair, white shirt, gray pants.

There was no blood on the body, but whomever it was, they were dead. Mitch tried to remember who it could be, but for some odd reason, he couldn't place it. So obvious, but just out of reach. Mitch shook his head and turned away from the closet.

But then he stopped. The Oni stood there. And it licked it's lips.

-...-

“Gah!”

Mitch woke up with a gasp, nearly falling off the table seat that he had fallen asleep on. Mitch sat back up and took a few deep breaths, rubbing away the crust on his eyes. With a yawn, he cleared his dry throat, and looked around the dark room. Everyone was asleep, as far as he could tell. And his headache was finally gone.

Mitch stood up, taking a step away from the table. And then he remembered parts of his dream. Images of the green room flashed inside his head. It called out to him. He couldn't remember the body or the fog, but he remembered something was important about that room. And whatever he did remember about the dream told him he had to check it out for himself.

“N-no.” Mitch shook his head. “I-I can't.”

But he could. Mitch walked around the room, and realized He didn't have to go to the green room alone. He couldn't stop himself as he walked over to Sky, whom was asleep on the seat of the table not far from where he stood. He lightly nudged Sky on the shoulder, not wanting to wake anybody else up. Sky didn't move until Mitch tried again.

“Hmmm?” Sky turned around where he laid and rubbed his eyes. He then looked up to see Mitch.

“Mitch?” Sky asked. “W-what's up?”

Mitch coughed a bit, then nudged Sky again.