Chapter Thirteen: The Turning Point

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter 13:

The Turning Point

-...-

There were only eight people left, out of the first thirteen guests. Tyler, Seto, Bodil, Ian, Ty, Mitch, Sky, and Sub were the unlucky survivors at this point. Paranoia began to feast as well as darker thoughts. Any hope of escape seemed at this point almost impossible. But if they stayed in one place, they would die of starvation. It was hide and die or seek and die. It was like getting to answer a question with only “yes” or “yes”.

Tyler flinched when Mitch snatched the journal from him, but his guilt kept him from doing anything. He thought they blamed him for the deaths of Brice and Bashur, even though the opposite was true. But they were mad, none the less, as well as confused of Tyler's new found ability of magic. Tyler, whom sat at the back corner of the table, looked down as Mitch flipped through the journal, hardly even reading any of it.

“Mitch, what did I tell you?” Seto saw this, and began to walk over.

“We all know he knows more then he's telling us!” Mitch hissed, turning around to face Seto. Everyone was watching now.

“If you want him to speak, don't try to scare it out of him.” Seto snatched the book from Mitch.

Seto walked around to the other side of Tyler and placed the book back down in front of Tyler on the table. Tyler shook, staring at the book. He didn't reach for it.

“But Mitch is right.” Seto then said, looking down at Tyler. “You're keeping things from us.”

Tyler shook his head. He couldn't speak. Seto narrowed his eyes. This hidden information, the sorcerer believe, was what got Brice killed. Seto wanted to hear it just as much as Mitch.

“It's a matter of life and death, Tyler.” Seto said.

Tyler hated that all the eyes were on him. All of them. He could feel their silent anger hammering away at his skin. None of them really felt like best friends any more. Normally he'd be able to talk to Sky or Ty about things but it seemed like even they arn't the same anymore. But they would probably say the same thing about him.

“Alright, you want secrets?” Tyler broke.

Tyler stood up from his chair, taking the journal, and opening it to a page. He slammed it down on the table, and pointed at it.

“THERE'S YOUR GOD DAMN FUCKING SECRETS!” He shouted, stepping back until his back hit the wall.

Seto and Mitch walked over to the book. The page was empty. There was nothing there. Some of the others stepped closer, and Seto and Mitch turned back to see Tyler leaning back against the wall, his eyes hidden by his hair and glasses, which reflected the flickering lights. Tears fell from his face to the floor.

“I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!” Tyler screamed. “I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT! IT'S ALL IN MY OWN HAND WRITING BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WRITING ANYTHING IN IT!”