Chapter 6: Confronting a Friend

It didn't take long for me to get to my friend's house, as I was there literally yesterday. As I had gotten off the bike, I felt Kiyohii hug my arm, and I looked at her, she was about 5'2 now, and I smiled at her, trying to assure her that it would be alright.

I went to knock on the door, but he was already there, and he opened it.

"Hey Rook, I heard your bike coming so I thought that I would surprise you" he said.

"Hey Toby, we need to talk, you mind if I come in?" I asked him. to which he let us in, and Kiyohii and I sat down with him.

"You know about the Vampire Jack the Ripper, that much is no secret." I say. "What I want to know, and answer me honestly Toby, if you don't Kiyohii will know, and she won't be happy" I look at him with a look that says 'please just cooperate'

"Ok," he said.

"Are you, in any way, associated with, or are the individual in question?" I asked him. 

He took a moment, as if he were weighing his options. We are old friends, we go way back, so I hope he is honest with me. He then took a deep breath and said, "I am. Why?" he then looked to me, curious.

Kiyohii didn't show any signs of wanting him to burn, so I took that as him telling the truth.

"I wanted to know who it was. And now that I know it is a person I can trust, I feel more at ease. Thank you for being honest with me bud." I say. "I'm glad that you are putting your powers to good use, however, I would like you to try and stick to preventing crime from happening, and let me take care of the ones that get away ok?" I then hold out my hand to shake on it. He grabs it and says,

"Sure thing Rook. I'll try to stop the crimes before they happen." He smiled as we shook on it. I then gave him a bro hug. then he asked, "How did you figure it out?" he looked genuinely curious. so I responded, 

"Well, you told me that your ability is mimicry, and when I came to visit you, I had seen both vampires and Jack the Ripper open on your computer for research, so it lead me to believe that as long as you have knowledge of the person in question, you are able to combine, or use whichever one you want, as well as rumored abilities or skills that each individual one possessed in life." I had explained first. "The other piece of evidence, is the fact that the perpetrator of the crimes in question, and the suspect would have had needed an ability that could transform their appearance and as well give them the abilities that they needed to commit those acts. thus lead me to the conclusion that it was you who was the one that was the Vampire Jack the Ripper. Also knowing you, you like to combine the strangest things, since that was what you had been doing all our childhood." I finished. 

Kiyohii clapped excitedly at that and kissed me, "as expected of my dear Rook~sama" I blushed at that. 

"You had become more aware Rook" Toby said, "I'm impressed. also, you keep calling your girlfriend Kiyohii, don't tell me she..."

"I think her power is turning into the individual that her lover finds most ideal" I say. 

"It is the power of love" Kiyohii said. 

I smiled and hugged her from the side. 

"aww, you two are so perfect for each other." Toby said. "Two psychopaths" he joked. 

I smiled and laughed it off. I then asked if Toby wanted to meet the rest of the crew, 

"Nah, It's Cool man, you and your friends should have some fun chilling. I'll be here working on my game. I wasn't lying when I said that the research was for a game." he said, and we parted ways again. I went home with Kiyohii nuzzling her head into my back when we were knocked off of our bike by an unknown force. 

I flared up as I sensed evil around, and Kiyohii got behind me. I looked and pulled out my chain, 

"where are you? You COWARD!" I said. And out of the shadows steps an individual who looked to be female, and was wearing a black trench coat, with shades, it looked like she had leggings on and boots. She had a large rock floating next to her. 

"The infamous Angel of Vengeance, I was told you would be by here on your way back."

"Who told you? And who do you work for?" I asked. 

"Hah, you won't even be alive to hear it." she went to crush me, which I allowed her to do, as Kiyohii got and hid behind an ally. 

"If you must know." she started as she presumed I had perished. "He never told me his name, or the name of his associates. I'm just a hired gun" 

"so, you are a merc huh?" I asked her as I broke the boulder. 

"I-i-impossible!" she said. 

"Bitch, I'm immortal" I said before burning her face. seeing the flesh melt to muscle and then to bone, all while she was screaming in agony. I then threw her corpse to the ground and turned back, looking to Kiyohii, 

"you okay dear?" I asked. she nodded and we headed back.

A few moments later

"So, your friend is the vampire Jack the Ripper?" Flame asked.

"yup" I replied

"And the person who attacked you is a merc?" asked Blade, who was laying his head on Tamamo's lap.

"Was. She was a merc" I said.

"And we don't know who has that hit on my Rook~Sama" Kiyohii said.

"It's DIO!" said Ivy.

"SHUT UP IVY!" everyone said in unison. 

"There is no way the eighties metal band would hire a hit on me in the first place anyway" I say joking with her. 

"You know what I meant Rook" Ivy had said in response.

"Oh yea, we know. we just choose to ignore it" Flame, Blade, and I all laughed at that. Kiyohii also pulled my head down onto her lap. which I let happen. She also decided to run her hand through my hair, which calmed me, and before I knew it I was out for the night. unaware as to what everyone else was doing, nor caring at this moment.

Fastflame5000

captainblade138

GothicIvy397436