Chapter 14: A Time of Rest.

Some time later. Back In Canada

           There had not been any real issues recently, legally speaking. Crime had dropped to zero, and Kiyohii and I had been together for a few months now. Our relationship had soared, and when talking to Blade, he had said that his relationship with Tamamo Cat had also soared, as they were very compatible. Flame had not contacted us as frequently, but Ivy had, and she had been telling us about how her life had been stupidly something or another as we really did not care, nor did we really pay any attention. My sister had given me quite a fair bit of money for the trouble she caused me. I had the brilliant Idea of getting together with the group again. but this time we would go to the Niagara Falls.

"that's a good Idea, sounds like it would be fun" Flame said.

"Yea, I think that would be a good way to get together" Blade said

"Yea, We should meet there on June 6th" I said.

Ivy had said; "OOOH that sounds so romantic"

Everyone sighed at that.

We had left the chat after that.

I had gone out of the sight of Kiyohii to make sure that I still had that expensive purchase there. I had packed it into the bag that we would be taking to the falls.

a few months later

Kiyohii and I had gotten to Niagara, where we waited for Flame, Ivy, Blade and Tamamo Cat. Luckily nobody could see Kiyohii's Draconian features, so we were good on that front. We were finally able to see Blade, Tamamo, Flame, and Ivy approach from a while away. Kiyohii and I were cuddling on a bench, and Flame had smiled when he approached.

"This place is beautiful. Almost like the two of you" He had said while smirking.

"Hey Flame, still single?" Kiyohii had asked.

"Yea, not really into most of the girls around where I live"

"Hey Kiyohii, Hey Rook" Blade and Tamamo cat said in unison

"Talk about synchronization" I had said about that.

"Hey what about me?" Ivy had said. I looked at her, and saw that she had thinned out. She actually looked healthy now. And if I was not with Kiyohii now, I probably would have liked her. She still had a terrible taste in fashion, with Gothic clothes and nerdy glasses. Not to mention the heavy makeup.

"Holy shit Ivy, You lost some weight"

"Hey, I told you I was working on that, didn't I?" She had her hands on her hips, with a hint of sass.

"well, the boat is going to be taking us through to the falls, unless you guys just want to enjoy it from afar" I had gotten up with Kiyohii, as we started walking towards the boarding area.

Everyone went, and It was a fun ride, as we saw the falls up close, the deafening roar of the falls drowning out all other sounds, as the water falling made it like rain.

When we got off the boat, We had went to a great spot to look at the falls, I reached into my bag, to grab something I had planned for.

"Guys, I have something I want to say." the whole group looked at me for a moment. "Kiyohii, We have been together for a relatively short time, but in that time, I have come to realize that I cannot live a fulfilling life without you in it."

"Aww that is so sweet" Ivy interrupted the speech

"Shut it Ivy" Blade muttered to her

"And I realized that, I want to be with you for the rest of our lives, so I ask you" I kneel down, and pull out the engagement ring that I had bought. A nice golden ring, with a nice Diamond as the centerpiece. "Will you-" I had not a single second left to ask the question when she pounced on me and hugged me, while exerting how happy she felt. She was saying over and over

"Yes, Of course Rook, I love you"

"Aww so sweet, and a lovely couple" Flame had said.

After Kiyohii was done snuggling me, I had put the ring on her finger, as you do.

Blade and Tamamo looked genuinely happy for us,

"Hey man, There is still hope for you" I say jokingly.

"Oh shut up rook" he said.

The crowd was all cheering, as at that point I did not know we were being watched. It was so wholesome. But then, I heard a gun cock. I transformed as I heard that, and a man came out from the crowd with a shotgun. He pointed it directly at Kiyohii. I saw this, and just started torching him. standing between the gun and my fiance. Suffice to say, It seemed that the peace we had been having is now shattered, as we saw him melt into glass, which is the state he was in when we was finally killed by hellfire. The man was made of sand? Stan Lee called, He wants his character back.

"Great, now there are people with powers after us" I had said after transforming back, and looking at my precious Kiyohii,

"You weren't hurt, were you?"

She shook her head.

I look at the clothes he had on. And noticed a familiar symbol.

"Oh shit, not them." Was all I was able to say. "We need to go. Now." I had gotten everyone into my charger, as we sped all the way to My home, which had two provinces between us and that area.

"look, I'll explain everything later, but for now, you guys should rest" I told them when we got back. "Trust me, Kiyohii and I will make sure you four are safe." To which I locked all the doors, and reinforced all the entrances.

"I did not think I would see them again" I said to Kiyohii.  

Fastflame5000

captainblade138

GothicIvy397436