chapter 8: Undyne

@Papyrus POV@
I'm still feeling bad in the morning but I try to ignore it. I have a job to do. I go on my patrol like normal, recalibrating my puzzles. I get closer to waterfall when Undyne calls me.
"Papyrus." She says in a serious tone.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT UNDYNE?"
"Come over. We need to have a chat." She ends the call and I start the long trek to her house. Waterfall really is a pretty place but I don't dwell on it. Once I reach Undyne's house I see that she's waiting for me outside. 
"UNDYNE WHAT DO YOU WANT." I state. She spins a spear around in her hand. She ignores me and flings an attack at the wall before humming in satisfaction.
"Tell me Papyrus, have you gone soft?"
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? OF COURSE NOT."
"Why haven't you killed that human yet?" She glares at me. I stiffen. 
"THE HUMAN IS NOT NORMAL. IT HEALS TOO FAST." I state. It feels wrong referring to her like this.
"You know how to kill better than that."
"I WISH TO OBSERVE IT. TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOES THAT."
"ITS STANDING IN OUR WAY OF FREEDOM!"
"I WILL DO AS I LIKE!"
"IT NEEDS TO DIE!"
"SHE'S MINE! MY THING! DON'T TOUCH HER!" 
Undyne lunges at me. We get into a long heated battle. 
@Normal POV@
You've been anxious all day. Papyrus hasn't been around at all. Sans said he's just on his patrol but it's getting so late. You're able to move your arm some so that's good. Sans sighs.
"Doll calm down some. He'll be back soon." You flip him off and he chuckles. "You really do heal fast."
"Why would I lie about that?" Then the door opens and Papyrus comes in. He wasn't meeting anyone's eyes and was limping.
"Boss! What happened?!" Sans was instantly at his side. You rush to the other. 
"Just a fight Sans. Nothing that I couldn't handle." His voice is tight with pain.
"Papyrus you're hurt though!" You exclaim you help him to the couch. He sits down heavily. You start to take off his armor. Your shoulder aches but you ignore it. 
"(Y/N), you should let Sans do this. You're still hurt." He says.
"Not happening. I'm helping you and that's the end of it." You take his chest armor off and gasp. He had half a dozen broken ribs and many more cracks. You notice his left arm has a lateral fracture in it. Sans brings over a medical kit before taking out a few rolls of bandages. "Can I help with anything else?" You look to Sans with tearful eyes. Papyrus blushes and goes to say something but Sans speaks first. 
"I think it would be best if you helped him with that arm. The rest would be….. uncomfortable." He hands you a roll of bandages and you carefully start wrapping his arm while Sans wraps his ribs.
"You were limping too, is something wrong with one of your legs or ankles?" You ask him seriously. He sighs and nods. "Let me see." He blushes deeply and looks away. "What?" He doesn't answer you. "Papyrus please tell me."
"Its my left femur……." he mutters and you think for a moment before blushing. 
"I-I'll let Sans help with the rest!" You squeak and run to your room. Sans chuckles behind you. And you slam the door closed. Did you really just ask Papyrus to take his pants off for you? That's so embarrassing! You flop face first onto you bed and scream into your pillow. You hear the door open. 
"You okay doll face?" Sans asked and throw the other pillow at him blindly. He laughs as it misses. "I'm gonna finish up with boss now. We'll ignore your embarrassed screaming." You flip him off as the door closes.
They must think you're stupid but you were worried. Papyrus got hurt. Who was he fighting to do that much damage? Was it about you? If it was you'd feel so bad. You roll onto your side and think. Why was your chest hurting from all this? Did you like him? You blush deeply and your heart starts beating harder.
"Holy shit I do like him…." you mumble.