Chapter 49 A night that they'll never forget

*

*No proofread because I’m lazy

Time kept passing until I decided the right time to leave, it would have to be after New Year’s Eve, the boys had talked about changing their management and how excited they were about signing with a new company… maybe some part of me thought doing it now that they were so happy would soften the blow or maybe I was being weak and trying to spend as much time as I could with them but I was ready to leave or so I kept telling myself.

In the last 3 days I baked cookies with Liam and Zayn, binged watched the whole first season of Friends with Harry and Niall and spent as much time between Louis arms as I could.

And then New Years Eve came and we were having a little get together, just the six of us and some close friends of the boys, I was currently in the process of doing my hair when I realized I was about to cry, shaking my head I turned the television on trying to get distracted. I wasn’t a fool, I knew that going away it was going to hurt like hell but I also knew it was the only way to be truly sure my feelings for Louis were real and so I slipped my heels on, checked my smile in the full length mirror and went downstairs.

I came down just as Louis was on his way to the kitchen, we barely stopped before we crashed into each other, I let out a nervous laugh and tried to avoid looking into his eyes until I realized he was going to notice I wasn’t looking at him and then he would think I was upset abou…

“Alex?”

“Sorry, what were you saying?” He shakes his head and smiles, his hand scoops my neck closer and he leans in, I let him kiss me and pull away smiling.

“I was saying you made that dress look beautiful” I roll my eyes at his cheekiness but find myself blushing anyway.

“Honey I make anything look great, I’m that good” I joke, he’s about to answer when Liam screams for him, after sharing a look we rush to the kitchen.

“Can you go get a pizza?” Poor Liam looks defeated, Niall is next to him wearing an accomplished smile, it takes me a look to the oven to realize what happened.

“You forgot to defrost the turkey?”

“It was Niall’s job!”

“I don’t even like turkey!”

“And that’s an excuse because…” Liam says annoyed, Niall frowns at the floor and Louis laughs, if I don’t deal with this no one will.

“C’mon Liam, I’m sure it wasn’t Niall’s intention, right?”

“Umm nop, I mean how would I know we could end up ordering pizza?” He’s stuttering now, Liam and Louis are now glaring at him he’s such a bad liar.

“It’s alright, who ones a fancy dinner anyway? Louis and I will go get a pizza”

“Alright, see you in a bit” Louis doesn’t even give me the chance to say goodbye; he rushes out of the kitchen with me caught in his hand.

“Someone is a little eager” I joke, as I wait for him to open the car door, he smiles, his hand leaves the door handle to grab my waist and I’m now leaning on the car I close my eyes anxiously waiting for the kiss that I know is about to come, instead his lips brush my neck and make their way to my ear

“That I am” He opens the door with a cheeky smile and I curse him under my breath, I hate how he so easily shakes me off my feet.

We drive in a comfortable silence, only the sound of A little Dead by The Neighborhood filling in.

Touch me yeah

I want you to touch me there

Louis and I both look at each other and laugh, then I slap his arm because he shouldn’t be driving and laughing so hard.