Chapter Two

It wasn't long before Magnus and his parents were headed to their seats. It was a bit of a long walk up to them, but certainly not as long as the Weasley's had. They'd only gotten seats as high as the middle of all the boxes, good seats but really quite terrible to someone who had spent his school years sitting in the open topped Hogwarts bleachers. He was obviously grumpy as they sat down, arms crossed and staring down at his bag, not bulging anymore, but full of things like sugar quills and chocolate frogs to snack on.

"Magnus, dear, I know these aren't very good seats. But you know your father and I couldn't afford much higher!" Mrs. Reiner tilted Magnus's head up and pushed some of his hair away from his stormy grey eyes. "Come on, cheer up. It's the world cup!"

Magnus could see she wasn't very thrilled to be here, and it didn't help his spirits much. He just wanted to be hanging out with the Weasley's again, despite his typical shyness. "Yus mum," he grumbled, brushing her hand away. He sighed before standing up, ignoring his heartbeat speeding up suddenly at what he was about to do. "I have to use the restroom real quick actually, excuse me for a minute." He started walking off towards the restrooms, or at least where he thought they would be. Mrs. Reiner stared at her sons back for a long moment before huffing and sitting back properly, staring out at the many advertisements filling the side of the stands.

Once Magnus was sure he was in the clear, he slipped towards the stairs, picking up his pace a bit. His chest felt like it was going to burst, anxious that his parents would catch him quickly and be absolutely furious. He just hoped the Weasley's were already up at their seats.

It took a few more minutes to make it to the top box, and by this Magnus's heart was pounding simply from the excursion more than the anxiety. He was used to riding a broom, not running stairs! Magnus carefully pushed open the door to the top box, hoping it wouldn't draw much attention, and his face brightened up to see the numerous red heads seated along the two front of the two rows of chairs. A lump caught in his throat though as he noticed who else was present. Of course the minister, and plenty of other important figures would be up here!

Magnus turned to head back down towards his own seats when he froze at the sight of platinum hair coming up the stairs. He didn't really have anywhere to run, and just sort of froze in the moment. Lucius Malfoy, as well as his son Draco and his wife Narcissa were coming up the stairs, and quickly spotted him standing at the doorway.

They stopped at the top of the stairs, and though Narcissa gave Magnus a small, polite smile, Lucius and Draco both had their typical, cold looks about them. Lucius spoke as Magnus was about to stay something, purposely cutting the boy off. "Ah, Magnus Reiner. I didn't realize your parents decided to get seats up here, your mother certainly always seems against it."

Magnus took a deep breath, as discreetly as he could while putting on his most polite smile. "They haven't actually, I just came up to see Harry Potter. I heard he was here with the Weasley's and thought I'd sneak a peek up close. I've not met him properly before," he loathed Lucius Malfoy, but the fear of the man's reputation at the ministry caused Magnus to try and stay on his better side. Magnus certainly didn't want any trouble for his parents.

"I see, why not come in with us and say hello," a sly, cocky smirk grew on Lucius's lips, and Draco followed suit. Always the follower of his father. Magnus stepped aside and Lucius headed in first, followed closely by his family and then Magnus. Everyone looked back to see who was coming in, and Magnus quickly raised his finger to his lips as he looked at the Weasley's, pleading they wouldn't make it obvious they had already met.

Fred and George noticed quickly and leaned over to the others to begin passing the news along, looking like they were simply gossiping about the blonde haired trio that had led Magnus in. The minister was quick to greet Lucius, shaking his hand and getting introduced to Narcissa and Draco as well. Magnus was introduced next, causing Magnus to look up and do his best to hide his scared surprise. "This is Magnus Reiner, I'm sure you know his parents Adrian and Lana?"