nine

The day after Oliver attempted to make her feel better, Bohemia finally realized what she agreed to

The day after Oliver attempted to make her feel better, Bohemia finally realized what she agreed to. She began to run away from him whenever he got near her. She took secret passageways once more because she was afraid of admitting any feelings for him.

Relationships were uncharted territory for her and she wasn't sure how she would act if she was caught up in one. Oliver had never dated before either, but he wanted to date Bohemia and if it meant talking her ear off with quidditch facts, then he would do just that.

"Bohemia, get back here!" Oliver exclaimed.

She squealed, running away from him as he chased her down the corridor. "Go away, Oliver!"

"No!"

Bohemia knew she wouldn't win. He was much faster than her, broom or not. She was a bookworm who disliked exercise, so running was not something she was gifted at. Even if she used one of the passageways, Oliver was much too close to her and could see. He wasn't even sure why she was running away from him. To him, the two had made up and were closer.

Bohemia did not last. She was too out of breath from running all over Hogwarts. She gave up, stopping and bending over to rest her hands on her knees. Oliver easily caught up to her, out of breath as he peered at her.

"Why'd you run, lassie?"

She huffed, mindlessly swatting her hand to the space around Oliver. "You chased, I ran."

"I chased you because you ran. Why'd you run?"

She chose not to answer. Instead, she focused on catching her breath. Once she was feeling better, she straightened up, ignoring his intense stare. She readjusted her bag around her chest.

"I ran because I felt like it," she muttered.

He stared at her, completely unimpressed. "I'm not that plank."

"Huh?" Bohemia asked.

"Dumb," he rephrased.

"Oh. Well, you're pretty plank."

"You're plank at lying," he retorted.

"Yeah, whatever," she mumbled.

"Why'd you run?" he repeated.

"I don't know. Because you're you? I told you I wasn't good at this - at relationships. People touching me makes me uncomfortable."

"I'm not touching you," he pointed out.

"Yeah, I know, but that's bound to come up, right? Hand holding is part of a relationship, isn't it? That and other things I don't really care to mention."

"Have I been trying to hold your hand?" he asked.

"Well, no - "

"Exactly."

"So what do you want from me?" she asked.

"Whatever you're willing to give me."