Fixing my ribs

Cornor's POV

I got out of the training room and went direct to my doctor. Oscar, one of the agents, saw me clutching my ribs and asked if I needed help but I declined.

Don't judge me, I don't even know who the hell you are! Just get this, there are those times when you don't want help because you want to keep up your reputation, even if pain is coursing though your ribs with each and every little movement.

There are some people who ask to help you just for their reputation. They ask to help you while crossing their fingers that you decline. So it's better I do as they wish.

People like those are all over this agency. For example my boss. I guess, no, I know you already know him. Never in his life has he ever asked to help genuinely.

And that is what is happening between him and Alexa. He is just using her and I can't help feeling the need to protect her.

Woah woah woah! Her?! She is a nobody for Pete's sake. No one cares about her.

But no one deserves what she's going to go through.

So what?! You went through the same.

It doesn't mean she has to too.

But she -

My mental argument was cut off when I heard my doctor's voice," I had a feeling you were hurt. Come on in."

I got into his office and the routine started. The routine I take every time I get hurt and my costume doesn't do what it's supposed to do, and that's a lot.

He asked me where I was hurt and the degree, from one to ten at which it hurt. I said five, blah blah blah and... just let me rush through these pointless details.

He gave me a certain drug that I don't give a damn what it's name is, I fell into deep sleep and he did what he does best, he fixed me.

I woke up a few hours later and found myself lying on my usual agency bed, feeling as good as new. I was dressed in my usual clothes, ripped jeans and a black t - shirt. The principal's files were gone... I guess the doctor took them to Mr. Rodriguez.

I went to my mirror and lifted my shirt to see my ribs. They were as good as new! Well at least someone knew how to do his job. I checked the time and was surprised to see that it was already ten p.m. so I went to check if the others had already left. When I got to the entrance, I saw Alexis and Alex, probably waiting for Alexa, and I decided to wait with them.

"How was she?" I asked Alex is, stuffing my hands in my pocket and keeping my gaze in front of me. She seemed startled by my presence at first but she quickly got over it, gave me a knowing smile and said, "She's amazing! I hope she is here to stay."

"First of all, why are you giving me that look?" I questioned as my eyes searched hers, probably looking grumpy but I didn't care.

"You know the reason, Corn. You like her. It's obvious you like her. This is the first time you like the right person," Alexa said in a matter of fact way.

"It's the first time he has liked anyone really, well ... apart from his adorable granny," Alex said, trying and failing to hold back his laughter. I glared at him and grunted, "That was one slip of the tongue Al. Let it go."

Then the lad started laughing his ribs out like a maniac. Alexis gave him a confused look and stated, wearing a wide smile, "Please elaborate. I don't want to pass up the chance to laugh at the unlaughable."

Alex took a while to control his laughter and with that done, he started telling the shitty story, "Last week, Corn and I were hanging out at my house and Bianca suddenly showed up. She started flirting shamelessly with Corn nonstop and when Corn had had it with that bitch, he kicked her out of my house. When he stomped back to where I was, he said that he would rather date his granny. I told him that it was disgusting because old people had wrinkles and he said his granny was cute."

He started to crack up again and this time, Alexis joined him. I didn't find anything about that story funny. They were complete psychos.

"Alright, alright. As I was saying, I don't like her. Second of all, Alexis, stop hoping for things like those. You know how the agency works. Don't keep your hopes up," I blurted. This made them shut their damn mouths.

"Come to think of it, I've never been to your house, Corn. The only place I see you apart from school is either at my house or here," Alex said as if I had not stated a serious fact earlier.

I know what you are probably asking yourself, 'They don't know?!' Of coarse they don't know. No one knows that this damn place is my home. I would rather die than let them know. I looked at my shoes, thinking of something, anything, to use as an excuse. The problem is, I had nothing.

That's when Alexa came out. That was literally the first time I had ever been glad to see her. "Hey guys," she said, waving at all of us. We all greeted her and started walking to... actually, I don't even know where the heck we were going.

A few miles ahead, I noticed Alexa falling behind and milliseconds later, I heard her scream. We all turned around and found her clutching her chest, trying to breathe.

Alexis immediately went to her side and started muttering things that I couldn't hear clearly. Alex just stood there, shock and confusion written all over his face.

I was sure that was the same expression he saw on my face. I looked up and what I saw made me press the emergency button and shout into my watch," Code red! Code red! Get your men here NOW!"

______________________________________

Hi there! What do you think. Is this a great cliffhanger or what?

You know, I really think that at the end of each chapter, I should tell you a little bit more about me.

I guess I'll start that in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading. Vote and comment.

Byeeeee! : D