Getting home

I stared at Mr. Maxwell my mouth agape with disbelief. At first, I thought that Krandal a.k.a Cornor was lying. The logical excuse was that he wanted to clear out some bad records of him. I mean, who believed in spies anyway? I guess he isn't the bad boy I imagined.

Mr. Maxwell was about to put two fingers in his mouth but stopped when Krandal shouted," Wait! At least tell us how you knew we were here."

His eyes moving all around the yard and I could tell he was looking for something to get out of this helpless situation or at least to keep Mr. Maxwell from bugging us.

"When Bianca Waters ran to me saying that there was someone in my office, I immediately guessed that the agency sent one of their agents to steal something from me. I rushed to my office with Bianca in tow and when I found no one, I was at first furious. I then came back to my senses and checked my files. Just as I had feared, they were gone. I lost hope for a second but immediately regained it when she told me who she was expecting to be in my office. I asked her to tell me the whole story, and she did, surprisingly. I didn't punish her for the things she did to you, Alexa, because she had helped me, a lot. I knew you were such a nerd and so you would slow the agent down with either boredom, or stuff you forgot. I sent the janitor to keep an eye out for you and to lead you here by all means, and here we are."

He smiled maliciously then asked," Now, where were we?" He put his two, large fingers in his mouth and let out an ear - splitting whistle. I could hear metal clink from far away and I guessed that that was our ticket to death.

I looked at Krandal expectantly and he looked back at me helplessly, obviously crushing my hopes. "There is nothing here that I can use. There are some really useful things, I know. But I cannot lift them," he whispered.

"Those stupid tycoons refused to give me strength gloves," I heard him mutter to himself. Two giant, metal dogs appeared and sat on either side of Mr. Maxwell. "So," he smiled at me," just get me the  files from that delinquent and you will get justice for how Bianca treated you and even, better grades." He  said then winked at me.

Who the hell was he to think that I'd even consider his offer?! "No thanks. I like earning good grades. Anyway, you're the one at fault here," I answered with no ounce of fear in my voice. "Well," he laughed," your loss."

He snapped his fingers and the metal dogs started heading towards us slowly. "And destroy the files for me too, pups, " he instructed the metal dogs and left. He wasn't even going to watch us get torn to pieces by his beasts?! And who the hell calls two gigantic dogs 'pups?'

"Use the grappling hook!" I hissed at Krandal. "It's jammed," he snapped, then mumbled to himself," Those dummies gave me a malfunctioning one!"

I looked around and saw the gigantic magnet that I had made with my class two years ago. For now it was inactive but a little electricity would make it work again. "Distract them, I'll take care of the rest," I said and started rushing to the magnet that was leaning against a wall. It was so big and heavy that my teacher had to hire a  crane to get it here. The school decided to by their own crane but it got overused and was left here to rust.

Krandal suddenly took my hand and asked," Are you sure it's not supposed to be the other way round?" I could see the fear in his eyes. Whether the fear was for me or for himself, I didn't know. "I've got this," I said then ran towards the large magnet.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Krandal taking a long metal rod from his jacket( I don't know how the heck it fit there) and shout," Wanna play fetch?" I couldn't help smiling at his courage.

I turned back to my work. All I needed was to restart the damn thing. I looked around and spotted some wires covered with trash, went over to them, removed all the trash and found that the tangled wires were connected to a giant power switch. What was a power switch doing in the dump? Aaarggh! Concentrate Alexa!!! Krandal could die at any moment.