chapter 45

third person

"john! calm down, no one is here to hurt you!" alex grabbed john and held him tight, trying to get him to calm down.

john stopped thrashing so much, he just allowed himself to be held in alex's arms.

"i want my mommy." john wailed, looking into alex's fearful eyes.

"okay, we can call her, we can do that, john. just calm down for me, okay?"

the nurse was standing in the doorway with a doctor, concern written all over their faces.

they both knew what had to happen. 

~...~

john was released from the hospital a week after that incident.

he was sitting up in bed, alex on his lap while they watched a movie on netflix. he had his arms wrapped around alex's waist, hugging him from behind. he would occasionally kiss his neck softly, just because he felt like it. he knew if he did anything other than that to alexander it would lead to sex which was still prohibited.

doctors orders.

even a few days earlier alex had given john a hickey and that sent the heart monitor that the doctor is requiring him to wear on his chest for a month to monitor sent a notification to the app he had to download along with it saying his heart rate was too high. john was sexually frustrated and nothing could be done about that.

"what are you thinking about?" alex turned his head to look over his shoulder at john.

"sex."

alex sent his boyfriend and disapproving look before turning his head back around. john groaned, rolling his eyes at the response he had received.

"you can't blame me!"

"yes, i can. control your hormones." alex scolded.

"you're telling me that as you're sitting on my lap. you're practically sitting on my-,"

"don't finish that sentence, laurens."

john pouted, resting his chin in the crook of alex's neck. he huffed, slipping a hand up alex's hoodie that was really his. alex had taken it from him.

"john," alex warned when john began to rub circles on his side. "i will call your mother."

"and tell her what!? 'your son keeps trying to have sex with me'?" john laughs.

alex turned red, glaring at john. john cocked an eyebrow, smirking at alexander. alexander simply turned his back to the movie and straddled john's waist, placing john's hands on his hips.

"you're not helping." john breathed, pulling alex closer.

"i'm aware, but if you think about it, i'm really not doing anything to get you excited. we used to do this on the regular. you're just taking it in the wrong way because you're sexually frustrated."

john connected their lips, kissing alex slowly. alex moved closer, john momentarily writhing under alex because of the friction. before john could make an attempt to flip alexander over, peggy came into the room with four boxes of pizza.