Chapter 5 - The silent promise

Saira's POV

Saira's POV

"So," I began, "Your case is opposite for what I always take, so I can't guarantee you anything and now start telling me what ever that has happened till now. Truth."

He exhaled sharply,he looked at me for a moment, why it feels like that again? This is the way..he.. he used to look at me back then, I looked away from his gaze to my files that were in front of me, I don't want to come to be vulnerable in front of him, again.

"It was-" I interrupted him, "Before you start, I'm telling you, don't lie to me. You know  me-" I stopped, "I mean, I don't like to be lied to. "

"I know." He said, softly.

"Say." I said.

"So it was that.. that... It was a party, I don't like to go to partie-" I forestalled him, "You're lying! You love partying!, I said don't lie to  me!" I said sternly.

"Wait. I don't like it now, in three years a person can change," he said, "Ask anyone, in the past two years I've attended only the parties that were important for business."

"Further," I rolled my eyes, he smiled seeing that? Why? Oh shit!

"So, I met Nikita there and..." He kept telling me everything, he wasn't stammering a bit, I unknowingly smiled, he can never do such a thing, he is not like that. He is not the culprit but is he not my culprit? That's our personal matter.. I should first think about saving him but.. how can.. I... Seeing him after two years, my wounded heart is.. aching again, I don't know what is gonna happen is I started spending time with him again.. I don't wanna be hurt again, it took a lot of time for me to.. recover. Not again. Saira Sinha you will not fall for Arjun Jaisingh again!

"So it's all what happened." He finished.

"Mr. Khanna is my teacher," I said.

"Mr. Khanna? Nikita's lawyer?" Arjun said.

"Yeah." I said, "Just thinking if I'd be able to fight him? He's my mentor." I sighed.

"Trust me, you will." He smiled, I was again falling for his that smile? Hell no!

"Trust you?" I chuckled, I really need to get out my frustration, because if I didn't, I won't he able to face him again and again so I put my strength face on and continued, "I did, Mr. Arjun Jaisingh, I used to trust you, I trusted you when you said you're my well wisher, I trusted you when you said you... You'll never leave me alone, I trusted you when you said.. you always want me to be happy! I trusted you but what you did? You left me and didn't even tell me why! You.. I kept calling your name, you didn't turn back!"

Arjun's POV

"Sai-" I said as I saw that her eyes had started to well up, I tried to reach her face and wipe her tears off like I have always done in past  but she held her hand at me, backing me off, "Don't. That day, I was the only one to wipe my tears off and I realised that day that you won't be there to wipe my tears always, so don't try now, I've learned to control them."