CHAPTER TWELVE

Brief recap- you just found out that bella is your half-sister, and that your dad had been keeping this from you the whole time. Bella was just as shocked as you were to find out about this because a week ago, she didn't even know you existed. Even though none of this was your fault, Bella decided to project her anger at her father onto *you*

You pulled up the address Aisha sent you to get to Johnny's house for the party, trying not to think about what happened earlier today.

Once you got there, you could hear the loud music coming from the brightly lit house. It was dark outside now, but Johnny's house illuminated the whole block.

"Maybe this is a bad idea, I don't even feel like partying right now.." You think to yourself, after finally finding a parking spot.

Suddenly, there's a loud tapping noise on your window, and you turn, startled, to see it was Bella. "Oh great.." you sigh to yourself. You didn't know this, but Bella honestly didn't want to come to this party either- after finding out about her dad's secrets, but she also didn't want to be at home with him, so she came out to the party too.

She went through many waves of emotions after you left. She was sad at first— sorry that you had been abandoned, then she was just in utter confusion because it felt like her whole life had been a lie. Now she was just angry. Not even at you though- she was angry with Bruce but she needed to project her anger onto *somebody*, and you just happened to be there.

You opened the car door, dryly greeting your sister.

"I still can't believe she's my sister.. Ugh, that's still weird to say.."

"Hey, come on let's go- we're late," she says, taking your hand and leading you to the brightly lit house up the street. Thankfully the music had been cut down a bit, but it was still pretty loud. "So are we just going to ignore the fact that we're related now, or..?" You wonder to yourself, since it seemed like Bella was acting like nothing happened earlier today.

When you both walked in the house, you immediately recognized students from your classes. There were a lot of people here. You saw Johnny and his friends hanging out by the pool in the back, you saw Aisha and a few of her friends, but you didn't see Doyoung. "Oh shoot, I forgot to text him back.."

...

Since Bella didn't really know anybody here, and Lucas was nowhere to be found, she just hung out with you.

"Y/n.. do you wanna talk about what ..dad told us?" Bella asks, and you look up from your phone at her, temporarily shocked because of the wording she used.

"No, not really," you sigh, staring back at your phone. Everyone around you seemed to be having fun, playing games, swimming in the pool outside, listening to music, but you just felt separated from it all. You couldn't get your mind off of what your dad told you, and you definitely didn't wanna discuss it with Isabella of all people.

You just weren't ready yet.

Bella shrugs, grabbing two red cups and filling it with a clear liquid. You raise your eyebrow at her when she tries to hand you a cup. "Come on, just drink it.. Think of it as a 'screw you' to our parents.. Well to dad at least," she says, leaning over the kitchen counter to hand you the cup. You looked down at it skeptically, before shrugging and taking the cup from her.

You wanted to forget the pain after all, and this would do it.. temporarily.

"It's not a big deal.. Everybody else is drinking too, so why not?"

You downed the whole thing in one sip.

Bella raised her eyebrows at you with a smirk, not really thinking you'd drink it, before pouring you some more. You made a face after taking another sip, before shouting "Screw our dad!", raising your hands in the air, holding the drink with your good hand. "Woo!" Bella shouted out as well, supporting you.