CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The next day after class, Doyoung came up to you before you left.

You smiled, trying to act normal around him, but it was hard to— now that you knew he was your soulmate.

"Hey, what's up?" "Um.. nothing much— Lucas told me he kissed you yesterday, and—" "—It meant nothing," you quickly try to explain, going wide-eyed.

"Okay.. well—" "I'm serious.. I didn't tell you because it didn't seem relevant," you say, shaking your head in confusion. "I don't know why he told you about that when I thought I made it clear that I like you," you explain, and he nods, still looking a bit skeptical.

"..Y/n, you said you don't wanna hurt me? Then I need you to be honest and tell me if you still like him or not. I need a real answer," he says, but you weren't sure yet.

You'd waited for Lucas to tell you that he liked you back for years, and now that it actually happened, you didn't know what to do.

"Why'd Lucas wait until the day I found my soulmate to tell me?" You continued to wonder.

Meanwhile, Doyoung was still looking to you for an answer.

...

He ended up leaving without one, though— telling you he didn't want to be with you unless you were sure you were over Lucas.

...

"That's fair," your mother figured, as you related everything to her that had happened over the past two days. She wasn't shocked that Lucas admitted to liking you because, to be honest, she thought he had a crush on you from the first time she'd met him.

Your mom just had the intuition for these kinds of things.

She was shocked to find out that Doyoung was the one who turned out to be your soulmate though.

"What am I gonna do, mom? Who do I choose?" You sigh, sprawling out across the couch.

"I don't know, I've never been in a love triangle before," your mom jokes, and you lightly throw a pillow at her. "I'm serious.. I don't know what to do."

"..Well, I don't wanna tell you something cheesy, like 'listen to your heart,' but I think you should .. I don't know— listen to your soulmark?"

"..I'm scared to," you pout, sitting up.

"Y/n. Just because something terrible happened with me and your father, doesn't mean you don't have to fear the same thing happening to you." "But what if it does?"

"Worry about it then, if it does. For now, just take the chance."

"..Are you saying I should be with Doyoung?" "Is he the one you want?" She asks, and you stop for a moment to *really* think about it.

All this time you'd been saying you think Doyoung's the one, but you wanted to be sure.

You needed to know for sure..

You owed that to him because he was obviously thinking that you still liked Lucas.

...

"Lucas has always been there for me, but only as a friend.. He said it himself that he didn't realize he liked me until Doyoung came into my life.. Maybe that means he doesn't *really* like me, but just misses the way things had been before."

"...He just misses his best friend."

"But with Doyoung, it's like we clicked instantly (after a while). We just met recently, but I already consider him one of my closest friends. And he's always been so caring and sweet towards me, even before he knew we were soulmates.."