CHAPTER EIGHT

"Lucas, please- I can carry my phone by myself!" You complained, trying to snatch it back. He was holding it up out of your reach, and there was no way you'd be able to get it- jumping didn't even help.

He was taking this 'caretaker' role too far.

"You're already holding my books, why do you need to hold my phone too?" You yell, watching as a sly smile comes across his face all of a sudden.

He was joking.

"Here. Let's go," he says, handing you your phone back, before walking out of the apartment. You smiled and rolled your eyes.

"Jerk."

At school, before Lucas left after dropping your things off on your desk, Doyoung offered to carry your things for you, so he wouldn't have to.

"..That could work- most of your classes are closer to mine than his anyway," you nod at Doyoung, but Lucas shakes his head. "Nah, I've got it." He says, and you furrow your eyebrows at him. "Just let me carry them- it's an inconvenience to you anyways." Doyoung shrugs. "It's not an inconvenience.. I don't mind doing it." Lucas says, crossing his arms.

"Or~ you could just let me carry my own things- since I still have this hand," you interject, waving your right hand around. "No." They both told you at the same time, giving each other weird looks afterwards.

You rolled your eyes.

You really didn't see why they were making such a big fuss about this- you'd be totally fine without them, but they were acting like you were cripple or something.

Eventually you convinced Lucas to let Doyoung carry your things for you to your afternoon classes, and he'd still carry them to your morning classes. He didn't want to agree to it, but he was about to be late for his class and had to go, so he couldn't argue about it any longer.

...

During lunch, you considered sitting with Doyoung, but he was nowhere to be found. "He must eat lunch outside, under that tree," You figured.

"What are you thinking about?" Lucas asks, making you look up from the blank space on the table you'd been staring at. "Hmm? -You." You answer. "I should've known you were gonna say that," he shakes his head with a grin.

"So how'd your date with Doyoung go the other day?" He asks, making you choke on your food. You'd forgotten you even told him about that. He laughed, reaching across the table to pat you on the back until you stopped choking.

Sometimes your own jokes backfired.

"It was great- he even met my mom." "Really?" He asked, and you nodded. "He never asked me out for a second date though, so maybe he doesn't like me," you shrug, playing along. "Was it more fun than when you used to go out with me?" He asks, and you just stare at your plate.

"Enough about that- how's the search for your soulmate going?" You quickly change the subject. "It's been pretty crazy, actually." He says, taking out his phone to show you something.

"As soon as I posted my soulmark, I got a bunch of DM's from people that also have hearts for their soulmark, but none of them had the right color.." He says, scrolling through a ton of messages he'd gotten from a bunch of random girls.

You'd forgotten how popular he was, and that he was constantly being hit on. Of course people would jump at the chance to become his soulmate. It felt like he'd scrolled through a million messages from people sending him their soulmarks, before finally stopping at the top.

"I looked through every since one, but no one had the same shade of red as me- until the next day, when I checked my messages in the morning.." Lucas trails off.