CHAPTER THIRTEEN

A few weeks had gone by, and it was finally time for you to get your cast off.

Doyoung had offered to come with you again so your mom wouldn't have to, but he was also planning to show you that he was your soulmate this way— instead of just telling you.

His plan was to put his wrist up next to yours right after you were freed from the cast, to surprise you.

...

"Alright, you're good to go." The doctor smiled, and you grinned, excited to see your soumark again for the first time in a while. "Thanks," you reply, and she nods.

"Wait— what? It changed!!" you yell with wide eyes.

Doyoung, who had been rehearsing in his mind how he was gonna tell you, immediately got up from the chair in the corner and came over to see what you were talking about.

"Ohno, This can't be happening--" He thought to himself, panicking.

"Woah~ you're right. Wasn't it neon green before?" The doctor asks in shock.

She was the same doctor who thought it'd be funny to give you the matching cast, but even she hadn't seen anything like this before— since changing soulmarks was so rare.

"Yeah.. it's a red heart now.." You say, breathing unevenly, trying to process what you were seeing.

"But that means.."

Doyoung's heart shattered when he saw your new soulmark, quickly pulling up his sleeve to see if his was still there.

"It's gone."

Suddenly, you got up and ran out the room.

"Y/n, where are you going? Wait—" Doyoung asked, running after you.

"I have to find Lucas! He really was the one after all this time— I knew it," you say, tearfully, with a happy smile. You just had to find him.

After hearing that, Doyoung just froze where he stood, letting you go.

Deep down he knew Lucas would win in the end. He wasn't surprised.

"But what if I can make it change back?" He briefly thought, searching for an excuse to follow after you, but he was too late.

Once he got outside, he saw you in Lucas' arms. "No-"

As Lucas leaned down to kiss you, Doyoung had to look away.

It wasn't fair.

...

"Huh? You're up at this time again? Was it another nightmare?" Mark, who had been watching tv, asks from the couch. Doyoung ignores him, slamming the door to the bathroom behind him. "Yeesh," Mark said, scrunching his eyebrows up.

...

You didn't see Doyoung in class this morning, and it made you worry something was wrong— since he never missed classes. (He slept through them, but never missed any).

During lunch, Ms. Thompson came by to remind you to pick up your things from the dance committee room at the end of the day— since you'd been temporarily suspended, and you nodded.

"This is stupid, I wasn't the only one drinking at that party.." You thought to yourself in annoyance.

At the end of the day, you did as you were told, and walked down to the room the dance committee used to meet and plan things, with Aisha. "At least there's next year, Y/n," Aisha says, trying to cheer you up about it and you nod.