Chapter VII

I knock at the Defence Against the Dark Arts door shyly. I hope Dolores isn’t in the middle of a class. When I hear the door knob unlock, I guess that she is alone. Or she is locking her students in the room to practice some spells on them.

            “Yes?” A high pitch voice that reminds me of a mouse breaks the silence.

            I stop in the middle of my walk to evacuate the frustration it caused me. I don’t understand how Remus wants me to work with her. I’m sure even Sirius could jinx her if he could. The only problem is that she’s with the Ministry. I would have gladly done something about it since I’m no longer a student. Why do I think like that, I say to myself. She is still working for Hogwarts and, if Severus and Dumbledore don’t have doubts about her than I should be fine.

            “Professor Umbridge?” I ask as I slowly enter the room.

            “Up here.” She says.

            I make my way up and admire the class. It hasn’t changed. Or at least I think it hasn’t. Fred did say I lost a little bit of my memory because of the potion Snape gave me. This will have to be discussed with him… How dare he makes me forget my father. A wave of sadness hits me in the chest when I think about how my over protective dad will never smile at me again. I’ll never see him again. I wasn’t the best person to be around since I hurt Ginny, Harry, Fred, George and many other people. Maybe heaven is the safest place he could be at.

            When I see a broken column, I remember my fight with Cedric. I see the spells casted at each other, the smile in his eyes, the tears on his cheek and the green light that hit him in the chest that night… The night he died. Cedric is dead. I forgot he was dead. What did Severus do to me? Why would he lock this away from me?

            “Yes, dear?”

            I look up quickly as a tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away as fast as it escaped and see Dolores looking down at me with concern in her eyes.

            “Oh, poor child. Is everything alright?” She asks me.

            I nod and clench my jaw. Her voice is disturbing me on many levels. Fortunately enough, it makes me think about other things. Maybe I’ll spend more time than I thought with her.

            She invites me in her office. The horrible pink colour makes my eyes tickle. I get quickly annoyed with the cat noises in the room though. She makes me sit down in a small chair in front of her desk whilst she is comfortably sitting on a big, comfortable throne. After poring me a cup of tea with three scoops of sugar and a cloud of milk as she called it, we introduce each other.

            “Now, Analeigh, did Dumbledore reference you?” She asks.

            I take a sip but don’t go further than that. This drink is just syrup.

            “No, Snape did.” I reply instantly.

            A smile crosses her lips before she drinks her tea. I made the right decision. I just realized that she might have more affinities with Severus than Dumbledore.

            “I have been informed of the different events that happened in your life.” She starts.

            I frown at that. What exactly did she hear? Everything? Something absolutely not related? Nobody told me what I was supposed to do with this conversation. I forcefully gulp in another sip of her homemade too-sweet syrup to drag it out. She needs to start talking because I don’t know what to reply.