Chapter 4

Poseidon

Poseidon's house...

I got home at around seven thirty in the evening after an exhausting day. I drove up to my estate and entered my mansion. I was proud of my home. I worked hard to get to where I am and I sure am proud of it. Being the owner of one of the biggest marine shipping companies and CEO of a successful marine hospital was not easy. I also started working as a police officer recently. Why? Because I can.

I loved my life but sometimes I got lonely. I wished I had a family to come home to every night instead of an empty house. I came from a huge family so being alone wasn't something I was used to.

I immediately thought of the boy that I had almost run over two days ago. It was unreal how much he looked like me. Heck I looked exactly like that when I was twelve. Maybe we were related. What are the odds.

I entered my room and stripped and took a nice warm bath. I was on night duty today so I would have to patrol for a few hours before I came back home. I changed into my uniform and made my way to the police car I just had fixed.

__--__--Time skip --__--__

This is boring.

I had been driving around for what seemed like hours when in reality it was only forty five minutes. This city i tell you. One day you're breaking up fights in every corner then the next day everybody decides to be an angel. I turned in the siren cause why not? I WS currently in an extremely rough neighbourhood when I spotted some commotion in an alleyway.

I pulled out my gun and started making my way down there. Some men who were beating up a kid saw me and immediately fled. As much as I would have loved to chase after them I decided against it and went to check on the kid.

My anger shot to the roof when I saw his face. He had a busted lip and a black eye. His cheek also looked like it was forming a bruise and judging by his breathing he definitely broke a rib. I wasn't mad because of that. I was mad because I recognised his face. Same kid who I almost run over. What was his name... Percy!

I picked him up and carefully seated him in my car being mindful of his injuries. When I reached my house I took him to my room and laid him on my bed. I told one of the maids to call my doctor and have him here immediately. This could get me in a shit load of trouble but I seriously didn't give a flying fuck. I was weirdly drawn to Percy and couldn't bear the thought of him being hurt.

I don't know why but my protective side came out when I was with him. I made a silent vow to make sure that nothing like this would ever happen to him again. Not if u had anything to say about it. My train if thoughts was interrupted by a knock on the door. I left Percy's side and quietly went to open the door not wanting to wake him up.

"Hey uncle P! What was so important that you had me come all the way here at this time of night?"

"Apollo will you be quiet!" I whisper-yelled at my over enthusiastic nephew who was beaming at me with a blinding smile.

"Oh. Sorry. What's going on? Are you hurt?" He asked lowering his voice at the stern look I gave him. I opened the door slightly wider to let him in as hr took in the scene in front of him.

"HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!"

"APOLLO"

"Sorry." With that he immediately got to work on my boy... I mean Percy. I watched silently as he cleaned his wounds and bandage his ribs. He was an amazing doctor with a large distribution of hospitals that he owned in the country. Despite being extremely annoying, he knew what he was doing and I trusted him 1001%.

"Will he be okay?" I asked him when he was done genuinely concerned.

"He'll be fine uncle p. The damage wasn't that serious and he should heal nicely in a couple of days. Give him some pain killers when he wakes up and try ad much as possible to prevent any kind of movement that may cause damage to his ribs." He said going into doctor mode.

"Thank you Apollo,"

"Any time uncle P," a curious expression appeared on his face "Where did you find him?"

I told him what had happened the past few days and watched as his eyes got bigger as I continued with my story.

"Wow. Do you think he could be..."

"I don't know. Its possible."

We were both quiet for some time before he said he had to leave. I took a shower and went to sleep in a room just across from mine in care he woke up at night.

I would definitely have to know this kid's story.

_____________

Wash your hands and stay at home.
This chapter is dedicated to @Joe-19 for being the first one to comment.
Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.